ACN Latitudes Forums

PANDAS DEMOLISHED OUR FAMILY

I have posted quite a bit in the past. In this post I would like to ask for help. My son Ryan who has had PANDAS since he was 7 years old is doing better overall. He has had two IVIG's. He still has some tics and OCD but they are minimal. Anxiety is present at times but is managed much better. He is on prophylactic Zith. His biggest challenge is social skills due to years of lost development due to this illness. Where I am asking for help is I am wondering if anyone can recommend an attorney in the Southern California area. I am going through a very difficult divorce. PANDAS had a lot to do with the disintigration of my 14 year marriage. The money that we have spent trying to diagnose, treat and get services for help with this disease destroyed us emotionally, physically and financially.

My husband took a turn this week and started sending emails threatening to take my car away, he closed of access to our bank account, and cancelled all behaviorial social skills services for both my sons with no notice. I also have a little boy 8 years old with Down syndrome and I am homeschooling both boys.

This is a definate cry for help. I need to find an attorney that will allow me to make payments. My personal email is: judymendoza@me.com, if anyone has any information that could help. Thank you...

Although I can't give you any names, I am giving you a huge cyber hug. Fcefxr is right that he can't deny the kids medical tx. If necessary, can you go to child protective services, and report him for denying them medical care? It might be considered medical negligence.

Beth Maloney, who wrote Saving Sammy, is an attorney on the east coast but she lived in California years ago. She may have some contacts for you.

Email Beth, she will get back to you quickly. She is a great lady.

I have posted quite a bit in the past. In this post I would like to ask for help. My son Ryan who has had PANDAS since he was 7 years old is doing better overall. He has had two IVIG's. He still has some tics and OCD but they are minimal. Anxiety is present at times but is managed much better. He is on prophylactic Zith. His biggest challenge is social skills due to years of lost development due to this illness. Where I am asking for help is I am wondering if anyone can recommend an attorney in the Southern California area. I am going through a very difficult divorce. PANDAS had a lot to do with the disintigration of my 14 year marriage. The money that we have spent trying to diagnose, treat and get services for help with this disease destroyed us emotionally, physically and financially.

My husband took a turn this week and started sending emails threatening to take my car away, he closed of access to our bank account, and cancelled all behaviorial social skills services for both my sons with no notice. I also have a little boy 8 years old with Down syndrome and I am homeschooling both boys.

This is a definate cry for help. I need to find an attorney that will allow me to make payments. My personal email is: judymendoza@me.com, if anyone has any information that could help. Thank you...

I am so sorry...

hang in there

Tracie

So sorry to hear what you are going through.

I don't have an attorney referral for you, but here are some links that might help you.

1) The courts maintain a self-help website with information at http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/

2) Many courthouses have Family Law Information Centers where you can get free information about procedures and perhaps referrals. If you post where in Southern California you live, I may be able to tell you if your local courthouse has one.

3) Los Angeles Superior Court also has a Family Law Facilitator's office. Here is information: http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/familylaw/sup-facilitator.htm -- you can also check out www.lasuperiorcourt.org/familylaw/

4) The Los Angeles County Bar Association gives referrals and may be able to help you. 213-243-1525 (www.lacba.org)

5) The Harriet Buhai Center for Family Law provides legal assistance for family law, domestic violence, and child support issues if you meet certain income limitations. Their info is: http://www.hbcfl.org/programs.htm

If you don't live in LA, you can also check if your county courthouses have the same types of programs. They should.

I hope you are in a better place soon.

I have posted quite a bit in the past. In this post I would like to ask for help. My son Ryan who has had PANDAS since he was 7 years old is doing better overall. He has had two IVIG's. He still has some tics and OCD but they are minimal. Anxiety is present at times but is managed much better. He is on prophylactic Zith. His biggest challenge is social skills due to years of lost development due to this illness. Where I am asking for help is I am wondering if

anyone can recommend an attorney in the Southern California area. I am going through a very difficult divorce. PANDAS had a lot to do with the disintigration of my 14 year marriage. The money that we have spent trying to diagnose, treat and get services for help with this disease destroyed us emotionally, physically and financially.

I am so sorry to hear your news and will say a prayer for you and your family. I don't have a recommendation except to agree that you should reach out to Beth Maloney. Her book reveals that she went through a divorce, and it may have actually happened when she lived in So. Cal, not sure. I do know she's an attorney and has contacts there. She's responded to my emails about treating PANDAS in the past.

I was glad to hear your PANDAS ds is doing so much better. I saw the news coverage of your family a year ago and remember how much he was suffering. You've done a great job!

Hang in there and I hope you keep posting here for support. We are here for you!