ACN Latitudes Forums

8 Week Update on DS6!

I have two children that were diagnosed with PANDAS and then Lyme. After seeing two different "top" PANDAS experts and having 2 IVIG's each and multiple antibiotics with worsening of symptoms we took a leap of faith and tried the Homeopathic approach. We love the Homeopathic Dr we have chosen and feel that he is the first to truly take the time to listen and try his best to help. We have seen tremendous improvement with both children. They are on no antibiotics and only take one little homeopathic pellet per day. There was a time when I first learned about PANDAS when all I wanted was to get antibiotics. After seeing the damage antibiotics can do, i believe that the homeopathic approach is much safer and more effective. My heart goes out to those fighting these diseases.

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for sharing. We are about 9 months into Biomed treatment for ds17 after getting a diagnosis of Aspergers (sudden onset - yeah right!) and not being at all impressed with the Ped who recommended meds, but had no interest in in his history of ear infections and the possibility of immune issues. So we went Biomed, much to the disgust of our now ex family doctor. Going Biomed was the best thing we've done because, along with leaky gut, our Biomed dr recognised and treated PANDAS when his symptoms ramped right up last year. Things have been really good since, not 100% but really good, and still improving.

A few weeks ago I attended a talk given by a respected classical Homeopath here who said he thought that Biomed was really worthwhile but if healing got stuck...like there's 5-10% still to go, then Homeopathy is good at getting at the obstacles for healing. (His PhD research implicates the MMR vaccine particularly.) It got me thinking.

Our new family doctor is also a Homeopath (as well as Biomed trained) and is happy to support our Biomed doctor. Our next appointment with our Biomed is this week...so I plan on asking him about starting a homeopathic approach now, thinking he is likely to be receptive to the idea. Feels like everything is falling into place!

Edited by Ozimum

I am really happy to read this. It gives me some hope. We are going to try the IVIG route, but I know that I won't subject Ian to tons of IVIG treatments, either. I will, of course, see how he does. but I don't think honestly more than 3 will be doable. After that number if things are not better, I don't think they will be. So I am happy to hear some have had victories with homeopathy. it may be a route we look into down the road. I wish you continued success with your child's treatment!

Wow Stephanie! I am so happy for you!!! I have been thinking about homeopathy for a while now, but we've been to so many different docs/alternative practitioners... how does one find a good classical homeopath? I do believe this is the way to go, especially for our family in the long run, since we all seem to have one issue or the other. My husband is at the point where we are spending so much on copays and seeing so little results with convetional docs, he's said "we'll give it until December and then just go alternative". That's actually a good thing!

Well, if you could either post here or pm me with some leads, I would very much appreciate it.

Isabel

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for sharing. We are about 9 months into Biomed treatment for ds17 after getting a diagnosis of Aspergers (sudden onset - yeah right!) and not being at all impressed with the Ped who recommended meds, but had no interest in in his history of ear infections and the possibility of immune issues. So we went Biomed, much to the disgust of our now ex family doctor. Going Biomed was the best thing we've done because, along with leaky gut, our Biomed dr recognised and treated PANDAS when his symptoms ramped right up last year. Things have been really good since, not 100% but really good, and still improving.

A few weeks ago I attended a talk given by a respected classical Homeopath here who said he thought that Biomed was really worthwhile but if healing got stuck...like there's 5-10% still to go, then Homeopathy is good at getting at the obstacles for healing. (His PhD research implicates the MMR vaccine particularly.) It got me thinking.

Our new family doctor is also a Homeopath (as well as Biomed trained) and is happy to support our Biomed doctor. Our next appointment with our Biomed is this week...so I plan on asking him about starting a homeopathic approach now, thinking he is likely to be receptive to the idea. Feels like everything is falling into place!

So happy to hear of ppl going with biomed, it is my firm belief that this is truly the way to go! I say throw in some homeopathy and you will get better results!

Wow Stephanie! I am so happy for you!!! I have been thinking about homeopathy for a while now, but we've been to so many different docs/alternative practitioners... how does one find a good classical homeopath? I do believe this is the way to go, especially for our family in the long run, since we all seem to have one issue or the other. My husband is at the point where we are spending so much on copays and seeing so little results with convetional docs, he's said "we'll give it until December and then just go alternative". That's actually a good thing!

Well, if you could either post here or pm me with some leads, I would very much appreciate it.

Isabel

Isabel, refresh my memory, are you the mom with 8 kids? I know we have had chats in the past :-)

With that said, I don't know how you ever get a handle on a strep infection in your house! OMG i will add you to my prayers!

The good news is that once you get past the initial consult, homeopathy is literally pennies a week! I think it would provide a good foundation for your family's health. Anyway, check out this link, there is a link to the homeopath that I use and you can do your research.

Getting started with homeopathy - pandas

Edited by Stephanie2

Isabel

We are using Dr. Ronald Whitmont - www.homeopathicmd.com H I got his name from the book by Connie Strasheim, Insights into Lyme Disease Treatment - 13 Lyme-Literate Health Care Practitioners Share Their Healing Strategies. Since Dr. Whitmont works from symptoms, the consultation can be done by telephone conference. There are no travel costs and the remedies are inexpensive. He really takes time to understand what is going on with each child and sends the homeopathic remedy by mail. He is also board certified in Internal Medicine. I also have lyme and I can definitely see my own positive results with most of my symptoms going away with his treatment. I have seen 95% improvement with one child. My other child is a more difficult case. She had 95 % improvement for about 4 months. Recently she had a little backsliding and Dr. Whitmont just changed her remedy and we are hoping to get back on track with her. I am happy to share my experience in more detail if anyone is interested.

Isabel

We are using Dr. Ronald Whitmont - www.homeopathicmd.com H I got his name from the book by Connie Strasheim, Insights into Lyme Disease Treatment - 13 Lyme-Literate Health Care Practitioners Share Their Healing Strategies. Since Dr. Whitmont works from symptoms, the consultation can be done by telephone conference. There are no travel costs and the remedies are inexpensive. He really takes time to understand what is going on with each child and sends the homeopathic remedy by mail. He is also board certified in Internal Medicine. I also have lyme and I can definitely see my own positive results with most of my symptoms going away with his treatment. I have seen 95% improvement with one child. My other child is a more difficult case. She had 95 % improvement for about 4 months. Recently she had a little backsliding and Dr. Whitmont just changed her remedy and we are hoping to get back on track with her. I am happy to share my experience in more detail if anyone is interested.

Hmom, I'm not sure if you got my PM, I would love to add your story to my blog, on this page:

Stories from the trenches

I can either use the above paragraph or you can send me a more specific paragraph including details specific to pandas and lyme. Let me know.

I may also add your physician's link. How does he handle acute strep infections? Does he do anything outside of the constitutional remedy at that time? Strep nosode? Other acutes?

Edited by Stephanie2