ACN Latitudes Forums

2011 OCD Conference in San Diego

I just got the conference registration and was encouraged to see that they have three sessions on PANDAS again this year. The only disappointing thing is that two of them are offered at the same time. Quite a line up of speakers...

Sat. July 30 from 10:00 - 11:00

Session targeted toward parents and families: Sudden Onset or Explosive OCD - Could it be PANDAS? with Beth Latimer and Keith Moore

Session targeted toward therapists: Sudden Onset: PANDAS for the Clinician - Diagnosis, Treatment and Therapy with Tanya Murphy and Eric Storch

Sat. July 30 from 11:15 - 12:45

Session targeted toward Researchers: Overview of Sudden Onset OCD: PANDAS Research and New Directions with Sue Swedo and Madeleine Cunningham

I would love to go and bring my dd this year - but not sure we can pull of a cross country trip....

Here you go.

IOCDF Annual Conference

We went last year and got a lot out of it as a family; since our DS presents almost entirely with OCD behaviors, even some non-PANDAS sessions were very helpful.

When I got the notice of this year's conference, I went ahead and booked hotel rooms right away, though we've yet to make travel arrangements or register for the conference. The hotel rooms I can cancel if I need to, but flights are more problematic.

We enjoyed last year's so much and added a few extra days of sight-seeing, so it became our One Big Vacation for the year; we thought we'd repeat that this summer, especially since we've never been to San Diego. But now DS has been in a mighty exacerbation, and it's too early to tell if he'll be in a place by then in which travel will make sense. Crossed fingers!

If you can make it, though, I'd highly recommend it!