ACN Latitudes Forums

is this ADHD

Hi, brand new here and in Australia, so everyone else is probably in bed!

I have a darling 4 year old boy with some problems - he is showing aggression towards other children, often won't obey rules at preschool, and is very high energy. He is also very bright. His older half brother (his fathers child) has a tourette's syndrome, quite severely, with every tic under the sun. My husband also displays some tics and was a highly engergetic child.

I am taking my son Joe to a pediatrician, unfortunatley I live in a small town and can't get an appointment till August. In the mean time I am trying him on a combination of omega oils (as of today!) Anyone had good results? I also notice his aggression is worse after a bout of TV and would love to get rid of it - is there any evidence re TV and ADHD or Tourettes? Thank you!

Hi, brand new here and in Australia, so everyone else is probably in bed!

I have a darling 4 year old boy with some problems - he is showing aggression towards other children, often won't obey rules at preschool, and is very high energy. He is also very bright. His older half brother (his fathers child) has a tourette's syndrome, quite severely, with every tic under the sun. My husband also displays some tics and was a highly engergetic child.

I am taking my son Joe to a pediatrician, unfortunatley I live in a small town and can't get an appointment till August. In the mean time I am trying him on a combination of omega oils (as of today!) Anyone had good results? I also notice his aggression is worse after a bout of TV and would love to get rid of it - is there any evidence re TV and ADHD or Tourettes? Thank you!

8580[/snapback]

Hi jennibeth,

I think I can help, I have a friend who has 3 children. Two of them have been diagnosed with a form of Autism, the third is too young to be tested yet. I have introduced her to a company that has nutritional supplements and products based on natural ingredients, she has noticed a huge improvement in her childrens behaviour since using them. I also have info from other people whose children have ADD/ADHD, who have also noticed huge benefits from these products. If you want more information, you can e-mai me.

My e-mail address is tiffgriff@iprimus.com.au

Jenniebeth, Many people have found that their children react to the flickering of screens - such as TV, computer, fluorescent lighting, etc. Look at some of the threads on the Tourette's forum for more discussion about screens.

Regards. Jeff

• 2 months later...

Hi Jenniebeth,

Greetings from India! Actually a lot of research has shown a link between TV and hyperactivity. Because the TV provides rapidly changing stimuli, it tends to increase sy,ptoms of hyperactivity among ADHD kids. This is particularly true in case your child is watching a lot of cartoons. You might benefit from cutting down his TV time.

Also, it is a good idea to assess him as early as you can. The sooner you start treatment (medication as well as behaviorn modification), the better it is for him as well as for the other family members.

Samindara (Clinical Psychologist)

• 11 months later...