ACN Latitudes Forums

Flare up of tics

Hello Everyone,

I have not posted in a while because of some personal health issues but have checked in from time to time. Anthony saw Dr. Latimer at the end of August we started to wean down the Topamax but he did not tolerate this so once we went back to our original plan he has done wonderfully, He is on Topamax 25mg twice a day and Augementin 500mg twice a day. Over the last few weeks he started clearing his throat again I ignored it which in itself is a big step for me. He started then with his head tic. Once Anthony came and spoke to me about it we started with the epsom salt baths and some Magnesium Replacement. I guess my question is do you think the change of season could be the cause of the flare up. I guess I get so scared that we will go back to the time when his tics were awful I need so reassurance that this is a just a flare up or does anyone have any other ideas. He has got back to eating a lot of yogurt and not sure if this could be the culprit. Thanks any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Deanna

Hi

My daughter is on Cefzil abx 500mg per day and her throat clearing stopped.When the doctor dropped the dose down to 250mg her tics came back worse then ever.Any change of meds seem to be th trigger.Cefzil has helped with OCD and tics.We deal with mild anxiety.Give it a try.

Thanks is that the only antibiotic your daughter has been on? Thanks for the reply/

Deanna

Yes they all do! we stopped the yogurt and will see what happens he loves his yogurt and I do remember stopping this at one point when his tics were really bad. I guess you get in a good place and your kinda like ok go ahead I mean they are just kids sometimes its so hard to limit everything. But I was thinking and I was like why am I giving him the yogurt that has the s. Thermophlius when that is the same things that it is said to cause PANDAS light bulb when off :) Thanks for the feedback.

Deanna Milando

yes watcht the yogurt..

and DEFINIELY the allergies could be playing a big part..

natural are querctin..bromaline helps absorb...vit c..(if you like benedryl dye free) we are also on allergy shots

and since spring is mostly tree pollen..ds is reactiing to tree fruit...so keep that in mind till the season passes..i am curious about tree nuts...been giving him peanut stuff lately..but he likes pecans and trying to avoid those too just incase.(ie ds wouldn't eat fruit because of mouth itch..started allergy shots..loves fruit again.but pollen season to harsh hear and getting itchy mouth again with fruit)

was your child tic free prior...

how long did it take for the toposmax to start working>

Looking back I think Anthony first started with some mild behavior things that I thought were just developmental then he started with eye rolling and blinking, clearing throat and then head tics. The topamax took a few weeks to work but he has done very well, Anthony is also allergic to peanuts. I have stopped all yogurt and we will see what happens.

Deanna

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi

My daughter is on Cefzil abx 500mg per day and her throat clearing stopped.When the doctor dropped the dose down to 250mg her tics came back worse then ever.Any change of meds seem to be th trigger.Cefzil has helped with OCD and tics.We deal with mild anxiety.Give it a try.

How much does your daughter weigh, and how long was she on the 500 mg cefzil for?