ACN Latitudes Forums

Massachusetts LLMD

Dr. H of Newton?

I got her name from one of the Lyme organizations. I am going to try to get an appointment, but was hoping to get feedback from anyone here.

If you have seen her, please PM me.

Dr. B referred us to Dr. J. in CT, but the drives are getting really difficult...

Thanks,

Kara

Edited by KaraM

Dr. Jeanne Hubbuch of Newton?

I got her name from one of the Lyme organizations. I am going to try to get an appointment, but was hoping to get feedback from anyone here.

If you have seen her, please PM me.

Dr. B referred us to Dr. J. in CT, but the drives are getting really difficult...

Thanks,

Kara

Hey Kara,

We've spoken a few times. Did you get a Lyme positive result?

Darlen

Yes. My PANDAS dd8 is positive for Bartonella. My nonPANDAS son was borderline/questionnable for Bartonella.

We are still waiting on IgeneX Western Blot for both. But the Bartonella results are enough to make us consult with an LLMD.

I don't live in MA but my family does and I just saw this post and am having my father who lives in Newton, call and/or see what he can. I have an appt. thurs with a ped LLMD in albany, ny but am keeping my options open. I also have an appt with DR.J in CT in April. I trust was he does but I don't think he addresses detox and other immune stuff so I am so confused as to who to go to. Kathy

Thanks so much for helping with the investigation.

I don't live in MA but my family does and I just saw this post and am having my father who lives in Newton, call and/or see what he can. I have an appt. thurs with a ped LLMD in albany, ny but am keeping my options open. I also have an appt with DR.J in CT in April. I trust was he does but I don't think he addresses detox and other immune stuff so I am so confused as to who to go to. Kathy

Yes. My PANDAS dd8 is positive for Bartonella. My nonPANDAS son was borderline/questionnable for Bartonella.

We are still waiting on IgeneX Western Blot for both. But the Bartonella results are enough to make us consult with an LLMD.

It's unbelievable how many of these children with Pandas also have Lyme or co-infections. She your daughter was strictly OCD behaviors, right? Curious, because myself and some other moms are sharing their stories with media for May's Lyme Awareness month.

Did she seem to have any other Bartonella symptoms?

Glad you got some answers, though.

My daughters PANDAS symptoms were OCD, emotional lability/rages, age regression, ADHD like behavior. The OCD is by far the most severe this time around. Last year the rages were pretty intense, too, but they aren't as frequent or as long now.

As for Lyme or other physical symptoms, I don't see any. She seems very healthy. What are the other Bartonella symptoms? I believe there is a rash. I don't think she's ever had one as Dr. B. described (like stretch marks). She did break out in a random rash a few years ago, but I think it may have been a strep/scarletina thing...

It's unbelievable how many of these children with Pandas also have Lyme or co-infections. She your daughter was strictly OCD behaviors, right? Curious, because myself and some other moms are sharing their stories with media for May's Lyme Awareness month.

Did she seem to have any other Bartonella symptoms?

Glad you got some answers, though.

Well, I rec. a link from my dad about Dr. H. This particular site had very mixed reviews. Some loved her. But I'd say more than half said they could never get in contact with her again. Never answered emails, didn't call back, staff to small and inconsiderate. I think her practice is very small with just her, office assistant and phlembotomist. They also said very expensive and expensive treatment plans. But if she had a great treatment plan I know we would pay what we have to, to get our child better. So, I don't know. Sounds like she is very knowledgable on alternative meds.

Thanks for the feedback. Can you send or PM the link?

Well, I rec. a link from my dad about Dr. H. This particular site had very mixed reviews. Some loved her. But I'd say more than half said they could never get in contact with her again. Never answered emails, didn't call back, staff to small and inconsiderate. I think her practice is very small with just her, office assistant and phlembotomist. They also said very expensive and expensive treatment plans. But if she had a great treatment plan I know we would pay what we have to, to get our child better. So, I don't know. Sounds like she is very knowledgable on alternative meds.

I just wanted to tell you that Dr. J gave me her name as someone to use for myself and my older dd. If he recommended her, I'd say she's probably pretty good. Let me know how it goes. I haven't made an apt. yet for myself.

"THE" Dr. J???? I guess that would be comforting. I'm still waffling about what the best thing to do is...

I just wanted to tell you that Dr. J gave me her name as someone to use for myself and my older dd. If he recommended her, I'd say she's probably pretty good. Let me know how it goes. I haven't made an apt. yet for myself.

"THE" Dr. J???? I guess that would be comforting. I'm still waffling about what the best thing to do is...

Yes, THE Dr. J from New Haven, CT. I have to say though, despite the drive and the cost, I am so glad we went to Dr. J. It just feels really good to be in his hands. I'm sure there are other competent doctors, but I know that he knows what he is doing.

I agree...a good doc is worth the drive and cost. I think I'll try Dr. H first, though, now that I know she has Dr. J's endorsement. If we are dissatisfied, then I'll move on to Dr. J. My dd8 has a really hard time with drives...every ambulance or hospital we pass causes anxiety...any rest stop where we see anyone that looks remotely ill, disabled or like they've been at a hospital (even a new baby or pregnant woman) causes distress...

We've driven to Dr. B. twice in the past 5 weeks with another coming up in May...I can't imagine throwing in an additional drive for her. Newton is less than an hour away.

Thank you so much.

Yes, THE Dr. J from New Haven, CT. I have to say though, despite the drive and the cost, I am so glad we went to Dr. J. It just feels really good to be in his hands. I'm sure there are other competent doctors, but I know that he knows what he is doing.

I made an executive decision this morning and I too am going to pay Dr. H a visit for myself. (My Igenex came back similar to my dd's, with some IND, one positive that was lyme specific.) It's much closer to me too. I spoke with her office. First visit is $475 for an hour and a half. Follow ups are $165 for half an hour. The office says she is good about returning phone calls and emails. I got an apt. in just a couple of weeks.

Our appointment is tomorrow. I'll let you know the scoop...

I made an executive decision this morning and I too am going to pay Dr. H a visit for myself. (My Igenex came back similar to my dd's, with some IND, one positive that was lyme specific.) It's much closer to me too. I spoke with her office. First visit is $475 for an hour and a half. Follow ups are $165 for half an hour. The office says she is good about returning phone calls and emails. I got an apt. in just a couple of weeks.