ACN Latitudes Forums

Munchausen by Proxy

So, today I talk with our SS attorney and she wanted to ask me some questions about Cassidy. During this time, she asked me did I know that they have in her chart at one hospital that I was thought to have Munchausen by Proxy?? I said "um no"...so the more we talked the more mad i got. I know this kind of thing happens in some places, but really?? We already had a lyme diagnosis at the time we went to this er, per psychiatrists request(she said that was the quickest way to see her, and get into her office)....well, they wanted to put her into a mental institution and i told them no and we left...And then I find out they put that crap in her records!! I am so freaking mad right now i cant even see straight!

Just outrageous, and crazy, just unbelievable, how many stories I have heard/read like this.

Almost replied to the other thread, the "what would you tell your regular doc" thread, that I don't tend to hide things, and like to have doctors who truly understand and are helpful, the rest, there's no need to go back.

I've heard to much it's lack of training and ignorance on lyme and all that. But, it seems it must go a little beyond that. What are they teaching in these medical schools? Are they teaching to look out for people saying they have lyme, then you know they're not really sick, and so on?

Most of the stories like this I hear do involve the ER, particularly bad place to say you have lyme. Just, well, there are no words for it...

Sorry!

Oh wow! I've ready about the MBP and it's incredible. I can't believe that happened to you! What do the SS guys say about it? I hope it does not come to anything.

Susan

She was in shock that it was even in there. I was in shock, too, because it was like a year ago that i took her there...and this is the first time i am hearing about it.

Just outrageous, and crazy, just unbelievable, how many stories I have heard/read like this.

Almost replied to the other thread, the "what would you tell your regular doc" thread, that I don't tend to hide things, and like to have doctors who truly understand and are helpful, the rest, there's no need to go back.

I've heard to much it's lack of training and ignorance on lyme and all that. But, it seems it must go a little beyond that. What are they teaching in these medical schools? Are they teaching to look out for people saying they have lyme, then you know they're not really sick, and so on?

Most of the stories like this I hear do involve the ER, particularly bad place to say you have lyme. Just, well, there are no words for it...

Sorry!

Thanks!! yea its pretty crazy!!

I'm so sorry! I would be so mad. How ignorant are they? To make such a serious accusation in writing, on a child who has been diagnosed with a well-known illness by a doctor. There is so much prejudice around mental illness symptoms. Unbelievable!!

I'm so sorry! I would be so mad. How ignorant are they? To make such a serious accusation in writing, on a child who has been diagnosed with a well-known illness by a doctor. There is so much prejudice around mental illness symptoms. Unbelievable!!

Mad isnt even the word.

Edited by mandyknowles