ACN Latitudes Forums

Is a positive 41 band and a positive 23 band significant?

I read the Lyme threads everyday as I am suspicious that is what could be making my children continue with their PANDAS symptoms even though on multiple antibiotics, however this post is about my 4 year old niece. She recently tested positive for bands 41 and 23 on the Western Blot. My son tested positive last year on only band 41 and my other 3 kids negative on all bands. I know this does not mean much, but I have not yet done further testing. My niece had the recent bloodwork done b/c we think she and her 8 year old brother may have PANDAS (have strep issues).

I see that band 23 is specific for BB. I am looking for input on whether they should do Igenex now with both 41 and 23 present.

TIA!

Colleen

No I wouldn't test further at this point in time. I'd make an appointment with an LLMD and let them determine follow-up testing if required. As you know, band 23 is very Lyme specific and warrants further investigation and testing of co-infections. Some Dr.'s prefer specific labs, etc.

As for your children. If they've been sick for a while it could take months (6 months to a year) to see improvement on the combo antibiotics. Have you done the CD57 on your older children or considered provocation. I wouldn't give up on the idea that this might be chronic infection for them based on those results.

There a quite a few ways you could provoke on your own by using herbs and anyone of us could help direct you. There are herbs for Bartonella, Babesia and basic Lyme available and fairly inexpensive.

-Wendy

I am looking over my niece's labs right now and was wondering if anyone could comment.

These are the Western Blot results.

IgM band 41 and band 23 positive.

IgG band 41 and band 23 negative.

I am interpreting this to mean an active infection b/c the IgM is posotive. Is this correct? Even the Lab Corp interpreatation on the lab report reads, "Western Blot IgM interpretation:positive abnormal

TIA.

Colleen

Wendy,

Could you tell me how to do provocation on myself? Especially for bartonella, as I have had the scratch-like "rash" on my body several times over the past few years. I never put 2 and 2 together until reading about bartonella.

TIA!

Colleen

Geez.... I'll be interested to see how this goes for you and if Bartonella is an issue. As you know, Bartonella can be passed congenitally. There are a couple of kids being treated for predominately Bartonella/Strep and improving with Lyme protocol. Still hard to tell if Lyme is an issue for these particular children.

I would purchase some A-Bart 'Byron White' protocol. Start with one drop in a.m/p.m and work up to 15 drops over two weeks. I understand putting it in water is best. Document any changes.... watch for increase in headaches, anxiety, increase in OCD, potentially panic attacks, joint pain, increase in fatigue, numbness in hands/arms, etc.

http://www.bioresourceinc.com/bwherbal/

Don't add anything new when you start herbs.

-Wendy

The directions on the box say to only do the drops twice a week, although many LLMDs dose more frequently. But if you start to feel really bad, just know that you can back off. Be forewarned - the stuff is not cheap. We paid $89 for a bottle. Granted, it lasts a long time, but it's a significant up-front cost, especially if you're not sure you have a TBI. You might also look into samento or some other herbal treatments, which might be lower cost for an experiment. I'm not very knowledgeable about the herbals, but you can go to google books and browse large chunks of chapters. You might be able to search on lyme treatments and find some very useful info.

http://books.google.com/books?id=J4TFtQeHkQAC&pg=PA174&lpg=PA174&dq=milk+thistle+detox+lyme&source=bl&ots=-sGP1503hp&sig=lZ1jCRXRDg9dHn3Pgyc_Y704MEs&hl=en&ei=YhiNTavyLuaJ0QH1ypWzCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false

I was googling milk thistle, but you can use this link as a spring board to search on other lyme books.

Wendy,

Could you tell me how to do provocation on myself? Especially for bartonella, as I have had the scratch-like "rash" on my body several times over the past few years. I never put 2 and 2 together until reading about bartonella.

TIA!

Colleen

y

Edited by philamom