ACN Latitudes Forums

Test for best antibiotic

Within the last couple of weeks, I read about a test that could help the doctor figure out which antibiotic is most likely to help each patient.

I can't find that info again!!! Arrgh.

If I read it here, can someone redirect me to the post? Or, if anyone knows anything about this, can you let me know?

I think it was a blood test...not sure.

Thanks!

I've only heard of muscle testing helping with that. Sounds interesting to have a blood test do it. Hopefully someone will respond.

Within the last couple of weeks, I read about a test that could help the doctor figure out which antibiotic is most likely to help each patient.

I can't find that info again!!! Arrgh.

If I read it here, can someone redirect me to the post? Or, if anyone knows anything about this, can you let me know?

I think it was a blood test...not sure.

Thanks!

I think it was posted here on ACN (lyme or pandas, don't remember, read them both) just a week or maybe two ago. If you read carefully through, you should find it. Of course, hopefully the one who posted it will see this and chime in.

I had something done kind of like this back in 2008, from Genova Diagnostics, with a stool sample. It gave a lot of information/data from the sample, but for some of the bacteria--klebsiella pneumoniae, citrobacter youngae, citrobacter amalonaticus, citrobacter species, they said, for each abx and herbal they listed, whether the bacteria was susceptible, intermediately susceptible, or resistant. Abx were amox/clavulanic acid, ampicillin, cephalothin, ciprofloxacin, tetracycline, and trimethoprim/sulfa. Herbals were berberine, oregano, plant tanning, and uva-ursi.

You can see it's a bit limited in scope of bacteria and abx, but maybe you can find what you're looking for. Yes, energy testing is another way you could go about this.

Are you thinking of "sensitivity testing"? It was discussed on Peglem's posts about her daughter having strep. My incomplete understanding of sensitivity testing is that you take a throat swab, grow the strep in a petri dish and then either identify the strep strain and thus know which abx works best against that strain or somehow test various abx in that petri dish and see which one works best against the culture. Not sure exactly how it's done. But that's the gist of it I think.

How you would ever do that for lyme is beyond me, since it's nearly impossible to find the actual spirochettes in the blood and it can change it's form (cyst, L-form). But if you find what you're looking for, please post.

Oh, forgot this was on lyme thread, not PANDAS. Yes, for lyme, would agree with LLM that gosh, don't expect that to be practical. I think an experienced lyme doc to really narrow the choices along with some energy testing to help pick just the right one is a great way to go. My doc and I have done well together like that.