ACN Latitudes Forums

"CDC to Study Vaccines and Autism"

CDC to Study Vaccines and Autism

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/cdc-to-study-vaccines-and_b_837360.html

Okay, I know this is big for Autism, but wouldn't it be great if PANDAS or PITAND found its way in this? It does state,"...The CDC said it will convene an "external expert committee to offer guidance on the feasibility of conducting such studies and additional studies related to the immunization schedule, including studies that may indicate if multiple vaccinations increase risk for immune system disorders."

It also states, "The plan also seeks to deternine if the mercury-based preservative thimerosal is associated with increased risk for "clinically important tics or Tourette syndrome."

Hummmph! This angers me. I don't know how many, many times I've read (in vaccine schedule notices, etc.) that all studies have been done to prove that vaccines do not cause autism. I think the studies that have been done were skewed and just pretenses to defend vaccines. Am i really supposed to trust that they'll look at this objectively?

They will use this to come up with "solid evidence" that vaccines do not cause autism. Watch. You will see. The study will be flawed but the peds will latch onto it b/c it is the only way they can justify what they do and the only way they can sleep at night.

I'd like to know who the external panel is, what their ties are.

In my opinion, there is NO WAY they will conduct such a study if they know that there is even the slightest risk that the data will show a link. They KNOW that the vaccination program will fall off the map if that were to happen and then we will have big problems with an unvaccinated population. They will do everything they can to make sure the data will come out the way they want it to come out. Just like big pharma does. I used to be a drug rep, the "inside" is very ugly.

At first, I too was excited about that article. Then a few minutes of thinking about it made me think that it will be used to force shots on our kids and used as evidence to no longer allow for "exemptions". There is NO WAY they will allow the findings that show a connection...I pray I am wrong!

I teach Special Education. When I first began teaching in 1991 I didn't have any students with Autism. I taught for 12 years and then stayed home for 7years and had my 3 sons. In 2009 when I returned to teach Special Education, I had 2 students with Autism and the other students had various learning disabilities. This year...I have 15 students on the Autism spectrum!!!! (In a small neighborhood elementary school. People tell me that we are just diagnosing it more and that some of these kids would have just gone under the radar, but I am talking about children that do not talk or answer anything. They would have been noticed! Something is going on, all those parents can't be wrong or imagining the timing of the vaccinations.

If they find no connection, I am still not vaccinating.

Blessings,

Linda

At first, I too was excited about that article. Then a few minutes of thinking about it made me think that it will be used to force shots on our kids and used as evidence to no longer allow for "exemptions". There is NO WAY they will allow the findings that show a connection...I pray I am wrong!

I teach Special Education. When I first began teaching in 1991 I didn't have any students with Autism. I taught for 12 years and then stayed home for 7years and had my 3 sons. In 2009 when I returned to teach Special Education, I had 2 students with Autism and the other students had various learning disabilities. This year...I have 15 students on the Autism spectrum!!!! (In a small neighborhood elementary school. People tell me that we are just diagnosing it more and that some of these kids would have just gone under the radar, but I am talking about children that do not talk or answer anything. They would have been noticed! Something is going on, all those parents can't be wrong or imagining the timing of the vaccinations.

If they find no connection, I am still not vaccinating.

Blessings,

Linda

Aye yi yi, I didn't even think about the fact that maybe they could try to use it to force vaccines. I am sorry, that sounds extreme, but so is one in six kids with a mental disorder. I don't trust that "they" will know when to stop. As I always say, the minute someone tries to force a vaccine on my children, I will be the first one on a plane heading out of the country with my boys.

Time for a question...

How many of you can remember whether or not your Autistic and/or PANDAS child (one of mine has both, and the other has just one) was either sick just before or just after vaccinating? Not to propose a "new" theory, but I am beginning to wonder if maybe some of our kids were sick prior to getting the vaccine, and we didn't know it (or didn't know NOT to give them the shots at that time), and that's what caused or is causing the immune system problems.

Personally, I don't remember if this applies to either of my children, but I'm just curious if there is a correlation. I know it's not recommended to give vaccines when the children are sick, and I do know that the chicken pox vaccine specifically states that it should not be given to children with seizures!

Time for a question...

How many of you can remember whether or not your Autistic and/or PANDAS child (one of mine has both, and the other has just one) was either sick just before or just after vaccinating? Not to propose a "new" theory, but I am beginning to wonder if maybe some of our kids were sick prior to getting the vaccine, and we didn't know it (or didn't know NOT to give them the shots at that time), and that's what caused or is causing the immune system problems.

Personally, I don't remember if this applies to either of my children, but I'm just curious if there is a correlation. I know it's not recommended to give vaccines when the children are sick, and I do know that the chicken pox vaccine specifically states that it should not be given to children with seizures!

I don't remember my daughter being sick, but my daughter have a pretty severe reaction to her 6 mo. DTap. She had seizures and what her doctor described as "chorea" which looked like violent neck jerks. She would have as many as 30 an hour. After 3 weeks, the chorea stopped. It was the most terrifying thing that I had ever lived through. She never received another one. I am convinced that this is somehow connected to my daughters Pandas.

The vax companies have already made it quite clear that our kids are just so much collateral damage - the cost of doing business. I have heard enough from parents of neurologically damaged kids & seen enough from our own experiences to be totally convinced that vaccines may not be THE cause of these conditions, but CAN certainly be A cause of them.

My ds18's (PITAND/Lyme) early tic exacerbations coincided with shortly after his shot series at 4 & then 6 & then when we did the booster around 10. In our case, their effect was the same as if he had caught strep or mycoplasma or some other bug that sets off the immune system.

But that's hardly a reach, since the whole point of a vax is to set off the immune system - otherwise your body won't mount a sufficient defense to generate immunity. Which not coincidentally, when you look at research where they generate allergies in lab animals to test for different things, they inject them with things similar to vaccine adjuvants & excipients.

All 5 of my kids had minor immune issues at birth (dairy intolerance & some small digestive issues). The last one, almost 5 now, whom I have not immunized at all, is the one who has the least immune related problems & no neurological issues. My 8yo who seems borderline PITAND would probably be significantly worse if I hadn't stopped vaccinating him after his 1 yr shots.

I heard on the news a few weeks ago that the flu vaccine seemed to be causing Narcolepsy-like symptoms in some teenagers. They did this whole story on it, but then ended with something to the effect of: it still helps more than it hurts!!! I was completely blown away!

I heard on the news a few weeks ago that the flu vaccine seemed to be causing Narcolepsy-like symptoms in some teenagers. They did this whole story on it, but then ended with something to the effect of: it still helps more than it hurts!!! I was completely blown away!

As long as it helps 51 kids and only hurts 49 kids, they can continue to say that the benefits outweigh the risks. Sick, really.