ACN Latitudes Forums

This is what it says on Ingenex test...

Great, Wilma, on my son's test the first page is IgM result, 2nd page is IgG result, probably same for you.

That looks typical for many of our PANDAS kids, with just a couple bands showing positive or indeterminate. I am NOT an expert on this test. SFMom would be a good one to comment, and others experienced with lyme. You should post this on the lyme board also.

I will give my humble opinion and understanding. I believe that the 41 band being positive does not mean much (other bacteria can cause this band to be positive). My son had it positive, too, and lots of people do.

The IND result for your daughter on 31 and 39 is more significant (because these have two asterisks in front **) It means her blood just barely reacted to those bands of the test, and POSSIBLY indicates exposure to lyme, but other people really should comment.

This is officially a "NEGATIVE" result, I believe, but a lyme doctor would look closely at your daughters symptoms and offer to treat her with aggressive antibiotics.

My son's result was similar, but he had positive 66 IgM, and IND 39 on IgG. You will get some good information from others here.

View Posttampicc, on 16 March 2011 - 05:10 PM, said:

P.S.,

I think the IgM result means CURRENT INFECTION

and igG result shows PAST EXPOSURE

Everyone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

My daughter's llmd believes her positive Western Blot IGM is due to a chronic, persistent infection that's been with her for a while.

* +

* -

DID I GET THAT MIXED UP PHILAMOM? Thx for correcting. . .

Nope, I think we're both correct. ;)

FIRST PAGE

31 kFs IND

41 KDa +

SECOND PAGE

39 KDa IND

41 KDa ++

Wilma, An "IND" on an IGeneX Western Blot means it is a slight, or light, positive - not strong enough to be a full positive or a "+", but that there was some reaction at that band.

As was stated, other flagellated bacteria can cause Band 41 to be positive. However, Band 31 is one of THE two most specific bands for the Lyme spirochete, Borellia burgdorferi (the other being band 34). They usually do not appear positive on a Western Blot until after the infection has been going on for over a year.

Band 39 is also very specific for Bb.

With Lyme, IgM bands generally turn into IgG bands after several months- it doesn't mean a past infection, it means more along the lines of an older (and also, an ongoing) infection.

Generally Lyme doctors avoid steroids if there is an ongoing Lyme infection, as steroids dampen down the immune system which would allow the Lyme to grow unfettered. Your doctor would be the best one to advise you there.

We had a ++ on band 31 on IgM.....your doctor has to ask to run the 31 epitope confirmation test. WE went from a 31++, to a NEGATIVE on the 31 epitope test, which means 31 was actually negative. I spoke directly with Dr. Harris about this...it was he who recommended the confirmation test.

I wonder how many people see the 31+ or 31++ and go on to be treated for Lyme (since 31 is so Lyme specific), but never knew to get the confirmation test. I think Igenex should put that in the results, honestly. Kinda BS to me...sorry...had to say it... :ph34r: