ACN Latitudes Forums

One week into treatment...

& this SUCKS. Trying my damnedest to keep my head up though. Today, day 8, has been the most difficult yet. The headaches, that I haven't had in MONTHS, are back. My muscles ache so bad I can hardly use my left arm. I am more exhausted than ever. But I just keep reminding myself that worse is actually better. I have another seven days of increasing the Samento & Noni, so I think it should get a little better after that... Let's hope so, at least. The most notable little moment of clarity was when on day 4 I sat to play the piano & played a song that I haven't been able to in 3 years. :) Made me so happy. So far there have been no huge, dramatic changes to report, but there are definitely smaller ones that still put a smile on my face. I stayed up until 1AM. Sounds like such a lame thing for a sixteen year old to be proud of, but oh well. Wish I had more to relay, but all I've really been doing this past week is getting to know that monster called a Herxheimer, which sucks, sucks, & oh yeah... SUCKS. Ugh. Hopefully I'll be able to post something awesome soon. :) For now, that's about it.

You have the right attitude to get through it. It will get better. When I feel down now, I have to remind myself of how far I've come and how bad it was just a few months ago. I am sorry it's so hard right now though.

Susan

So awesome about playing the piano piece!!!

I'm just on day.. 4? 3 or 4 and I herxed right from the start. Muscle pain is worst today but not quite so foggy feeling.

I'm not on the Cat's Claw yet- waiting a week to start it. You are much braver than I!!! :ph34r:

You are strong and amazing and I think about you every day. Hang in there. There is an old saying -- the darkest hour is just before dawn. Your dawn is coming soon.

& this SUCKS. Trying my damnedest to keep my head up though. Today, day 8, has been the most difficult yet. The headaches, that I haven't had in MONTHS, are back. My muscles ache so bad I can hardly use my left arm. I am more exhausted than ever. But I just keep reminding myself that worse is actually better. I have another seven days of increasing the Samento & Noni, so I think it should get a little better after that... Let's hope so, at least. The most notable little moment of clarity was when on day 4 I sat to play the piano & played a song that I haven't been able to in 3 years. :) Made me so happy. So far there have been no huge, dramatic changes to report, but there are definitely smaller ones that still put a smile on my face. I stayed up until 1AM. Sounds like such a lame thing for a sixteen year old to be proud of, but oh well. Wish I had more to relay, but all I've really been doing this past week is getting to know that monster called a Herxheimer, which sucks, sucks, & oh yeah... SUCKS. Ugh. Hopefully I'll be able to post something awesome soon. :) For now, that's about it.

Hang in there, Emerson! My DS18 has been on lomatium for almost 3 mos now & went thru that horrible, incapacitating rash ~1 wk into it & swore at the time that it was NOT worth it. But little by little, so slowly that it took us a while to even notice it, he has been improving & now he says it was worth what he went thru to get to this point. Try to keep your mind occupied with other things as much as you are able to help the time pass faster & focus on the gains, no matter how minor, knowing that they are going to keep adding up!

(And when we have our turn in 3 mos, you can post this back to me! :lol: )