ACN Latitudes Forums

Aggression in PANDAS?

Can anyone please remind me, I've been over on the Lyme board. Can you get bursts of aggression with PANDAS? Is that not a typical symptom? My ds4 has bursts of aggression (although not always with anger), may just play really rough with toys, crashing and smashing them.

thanks.

Can anyone please remind me, I've been over on the Lyme board. Can you get bursts of aggression with PANDAS? Is that not a typical symptom? My ds4 has bursts of aggression (although not always with anger), may just play really rough with toys, crashing and smashing them.

thanks.

emotional lability, aggression, defiant behavior...can all be seen with PANDAS

Also, some psych. drugs can increase aggression in pandas kids. 3 years ago, when my dd was on lexapro, as we raised the dose (to try to control the ocd better) her aggression increased.

Just wondering. Dr. B had said if aggression continues into say May, we may be looking more at Lyme or Bartonella as the cause, not necessarily PANDAS. I guess the cause doesn't matter much...just fixin it!!

Irritibility, anger and raging/tantrums were the first symptoms my son had. The ocd's showed up not long after. He started hoarding things and cleaning, even his classroom at school. Would not play at all.

Since diagnosis (one yr after onset) the anger and raging has disappeared. When he gets a flare up, we see some irritibility.