ACN Latitudes Forums

Interesting Video stories from Canadian News

Just wanted to share.... A great news video (2 parts) to watch produced by Canadian TV. Wish they had something like this in the US. Have yet to see something comparable. First video covers 2 children with Lyme. Worth watching for everyone.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/WFive/20091113/w5_lyme_091114/

Out of the wild: part 1 and 2

darlene

Edited by adkmom

Thank you for sharing this. It was good for my older son to see so he could understand what his younger brother is going through. Best wishes on recovery.

Glad it was helpful. I thought it was so well done and fair. Look forward to working with Josh.

• 1 month later...

You are welcome... There is no easy fix to LD/co-infection but with time these kids get better. I typically ask people in the lobby of our LLMDs office how they are doing (often a wait)..... and I hear similar successes over and over but sometimes it is two or three year recovery. Average child recovery per our Dr. is two years.

-Wendy

Wow, great video. I'm going to post it on Facebook. Is that number really accurate? That 20% of people diagnosed with late stage Lyme never get well? Does that also apply to children, I wonder? That is very bad news. The only thing that makes me think my dd can get to 100% is that at times in her treatment, I've seen glimpses of that girl I used to know. Whether for a few hours or a day...and it makes me KNOW she can get well.

The girl with the profound memory loss is where I think I was headed before starting treatment. My memory has just gotten worse and worse, esp. escalating over the last few months. I'm 2.5 weeks into Doxy and I'm happy to say it's already much better. (worse at first) I was really starting to worry there.

With children the recovery rate is much, much higher if treated properly. By the way, it is our Dr. that is featured in the video. It is the really tough cases that have evolved into ALS, MS, Parkinson.... they are very, very sick individuals 'not present' and I see them often in the lobby of our Dr.s office. Many wheelchair bound. Misdiagnosed for years. They do get a lot better but not fully recovered... That is the 20% they are referencing.

-Wendy