ACN Latitudes Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fcefxer

Electromagnetic Radiation

My ds15 PANDAS/Lyme/Myco now can add Electromagnetic sensitivity to his resume. Dagnabit! He started to notice using his computer (laptop) made him sick to his stomach. I had read here, but am unable to find the thread, which I'd love to re-read, that some kids felt much better away from things that emit electromagnetic energy. After researching, we found we needed to disconnect our wireless router, throw out the wireless phones, replacing with old plug in ones with a curly cord to the head set, not use wireless video game controllers, and really cut down on computer/ video game/ TV time. He was having dizziness, nausea, and foggy brain. The good news is, after taking five days off from all antibiotics, we were able to get his stomach in great shape, and with the lowering of the EMR he feels pretty darn good at home. Happy, smiling, able to concentrate. The bad news is school is one big wireless blob.

Now I know I could home school him, but he is so lacking in social activities as it is, with going to school I can barely get him to invite friends over or do ANYTHING with anyone twice a month. Without the very important social aspect of school, he might as well grow a beard, stop bathing and live in a cave. This is after a year and a half of treatment for Social Anxiety..Also, many of his teachers tell me, when he can concentrate, he is by far the smartest kid in their class. I couldn't begin to teach him Algebra 2, or any of the advanced classes. Again I'm scr$#@d. I wonder if I can get the school to go back to wired Internet? They think I'm a loon as it is with a PANDAS and now Lyme diagnosis, asking for a 504 plan for his inability to concentrate...(bangs head against wall)... help!

Nancy

This may sound a little "out there" but my son wears a necklace by QLink that supposedly helps with the energy needed to fight these things being emitted. There's talk that it's just a waste of money but our LLMD was raving about it so we thought we would give it a try. My son says that he no longer gets the headaches he was having and that it helps him focus (his school is wireless and so is our house). Now it could be solely the Lyme treatment that is helping but there's also alot of info saying that people are seeing positive results so as long as he's okay with wearing it, we're keeping it. We also had my other son who plays college basketball (and carries a laptop with him everywhere!) wear it and he said it helped with all of his muscle aches so we bought him one too! It could be just a placebo effect but who cares, they feel better!!

My ds15 PANDAS/Lyme/Myco now can add Electromagnetic sensitivity to his resume. Dagnabit! He started to notice using his computer (laptop) made him sick to his stomach. I had read here, but am unable to find the thread, which I'd love to re-read, that some kids felt much better away from things that emit electromagnetic energy. After researching, we found we needed to disconnect our wireless router, throw out the wireless phones, replacing with old plug in ones with a curly cord to the head set, not use wireless video game controllers, and really cut down on computer/ video game/ TV time. He was having dizziness, nausea, and foggy brain. The good news is, after taking five days off from all antibiotics, we were able to get his stomach in great shape, and with the lowering of the EMR he feels pretty darn good at home. Happy, smiling, able to concentrate. The bad news is school is one big wireless blob.

Now I know I could home school him, but he is so lacking in social activities as it is, with going to school I can barely get him to invite friends over or do ANYTHING with anyone twice a month. Without the very important social aspect of school, he might as well grow a beard, stop bathing and live in a cave. This is after a year and a half of treatment for Social Anxiety..Also, many of his teachers tell me, when he can concentrate, he is by far the smartest kid in their class. I couldn't begin to teach him Algebra 2, or any of the advanced classes. Again I'm scr$#@d. I wonder if I can get the school to go back to wired Internet? They think I'm a loon as it is with a PANDAS and now Lyme diagnosis, asking for a 504 plan for his inability to concentrate...(bangs head against wall)... help!

Nancy

Edited by justinekno

This may sound a little "out there"

anyone else with stories of those necklaces/bracelets -- please do tell.

how's this for out there -- yesterday, i was at my mom's and i needed to make a phone call based on a website. i was sitting at the computer and had the phone in my left hand. when i turned it on, the mouse on the desk to the right, crackled and sputtered. she said they do have some reaction if too close together. here's the whacky thing -- when it sputtered, my right arm felt extremely fatigued. after i got up from the computer, it was fine. i just realized when i started to write this, the feeling was in my mid-arm. that's the right elbow i've been having an extended rash on that seems to get better/then worse that dr believes is related to TBI treatment.

i guess i should get more serious about investigating those necklaces!

Yes, this has been discussed before, some back on the PANDAS board and some on the TS board. For those that are sensitive, you really have to just do what you can to reduce and adapt. Before I got lyme treatment, my employer installed wireless and it put me so bad I literally could not have a conversation at work--while I was working hard to remember the topic of discussion, I would forgot the beginning of someone's sentence by the time they finished it.

There are devices that can help. I've tried a number of them, the only one I've tried that has helped me is the Gia Wellness products (formerly BioPro). They have a pendant and also a "Home Harmonizer" that plugs into an electrical outlet, does not use electricity, and improves the area with a radius of something like 60 feet. Both helped me enormously when I was at my worst. They also have chips to put on devices like computers and TV's, but those really did not help much, at least given I was using the other products. I want to say, there are a lot of products out there, many will not be that helpful for our situations here. But, at the same time, I am sure other brands can be helpful. I know someone else has posted about a different brand being helpful for them. With luck, you might be able to get the school to approve of using the "home harmonizer" (or something like it) in the school. It easily plugs and unplugs into an outlet just like any other cord, and is about 2.5 inches long.

I do suspect this problem is more widespread than people realize, and do encourage people to see how you and/or your kids do without these devices. As time goes by, that is getting harder and harder to do, a shame. I am also sensitive to fluorescent lights, and, same comment there, it can be worthwhile to do an experiment (but difficult, perhaps).

By the way, regarding the social anxiety, lyme treatment has helped me enormously with that, and other psychological issues. While the other symptoms still linger and I continue to treat, these are the things that I might say are truly gone.

We really can't eliminate all of it. Our meters are read wirelessly, so we're screwed there. I think that is why we have been sick ever since moving into this house, actually.

So I would want this necklace http://www.qeshop.com/PromoQLINKGOOGNew.aspx?source=msn_qlink with the chip? For $56.90?

This may sound a little "out there" but my son wears a necklace by QLink that supposedly helps with the energy needed to fight these things being emitted. There's talk that it's just a waste of money but our LLMD was raving about it so we thought we would give it a try. My son says that he no longer gets the headaches he was having and that it helps him focus (his school is wireless and so is our house). Now it could be solely the Lyme treatment that is helping but there's also alot of info saying that people are seeing positive results so as long as he's okay with wearing it, we're keeping it. We also had my other son who plays college basketball (and carries a laptop with him everywhere!) wear it and he said it helped with all of his muscle aches so we bought him one too! It could be just a placebo effect but who cares, they feel better!!

Nancy

The srt2 is more for casual use-people who are not constantly around wireless or who are not in stressful situations because apparently the response time is slower than the srt3 which is what we have. To be honest, I didn't know there were two different types but I think we would have gone with the srt3 anyway because of our lifestyle (wireless everywhere, cell phone use, sports, school, etc). There's a good explanation of the differences in the Q-link website.

So I would want this necklace http://www.qeshop.com/PromoQLINKGOOGNew.aspx?source=msn_qlink with the chip? For $56.90?

Edited by justinekno

Nancy did you get the srt3 for your DS and has it made a marked improvement? I JUST connected the dots on my DD...everytime we would come down here to visit California she would have horrible stomache aches at night right as she was lying down. The only cure for her would be to sit in a hot shower steamingit out for over a hour. I finally realized it's the EMT's!!! Geez better late then never.