ACN Latitudes Forums

Low Immunoglobulin G

Hi,

My ds is testing low on his Immunoglobulin G. We just got back our results from rechecking his levels 3 months later and his levels have dropped even more.

I'm waiting to hear back from the Dr about this, but I really don't understand what this means and have tried to search the internet but am coming up with very technical answers.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know what it means and can help me understand?

He has mycoplasma pneumonia high titers, both IgG and IgM. They have dropped every 3 months though since we began testing.

He is negative on ASO and AntiD-Nase B.

I'd really appreciate any insight.

Hi,

My ds is testing low on his Immunoglobulin G. We just got back our results from rechecking his levels 3 months later and his levels have dropped even more.

I'm waiting to hear back from the Dr about this, but I really don't understand what this means and have tried to search the internet but am coming up with very technical answers.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know what it means and can help me understand?

He has mycoplasma pneumonia high titers, both IgG and IgM. They have dropped every 3 months though since we began testing.

He is negative on ASO and AntiD-Nase B.

I'd really appreciate any insight.

Hello - is your son's overall IgG low, and are his s. pneumoniae subtypes low? If you can post your son's numbers and the reference range (normal range) from the lab we might be able to help you understand them a bit so you can have a good conversation with the doctor. Also, please post his mycplasma IgG and IgM numbers and the reference range for each.

It is good that his mycoplasma numbers are dropping - those are not numbers you want to remain high forever.

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, the sub-classes were not run on his Immunoglobulins. I'm not sure why and I plan to ask when the Dr calls.

Immunoglobulin G - his score this time was 570. Last test it was 616. The range is 698-1560.

His immunoglobulin A and M were normal.

His myco p IgG this time is 631. Last time it was 685. Range is <100 is Negative.

Myco P IgM this time is 1088. Last time it was 1323. Range is <770 is Negative

Thanks for any help on this and /or any suggestions on what I need to ask when he calls.

No, he has not been on any prednisone because of possible Lyme being in the picture too. I had thought about the abx possibly bringing it down as well........

If I'm understanding correctly, won't having the sub-classes done on the Immunoglobulin panel give us a better picture as to what's causing it to drop?

No, he has not been on any prednisone because of possible Lyme being in the picture too. I had thought about the abx possibly bringing it down as well........

If I'm understanding correctly, won't having the sub-classes done on the Immunoglobulin panel give us a better picture as to what's causing it to drop?

I don't know. There is little known about the significance of the individual subclasses. Did you get a baseline of the subclasses before abx?

I don't know. There is little known about the significance of the individual subclasses. Did you get a baseline of the subclasses before abx?

Unfortunately, no. We've been trying to uncover this mess for several years now and have been to tons of Dr's. I had never heard of this test before until it was ran the first time 3 months ago. I'm planning to run the results by the 3 Dr's we have involved now to see what each of them say.

I have a bad feeling I'm going to get 3 totally different opinions.

I am in a similar situation. My son's IgG (total) and s. pneumoniae subclasses started dropping about 3 years ago, and he started slipping under the "normal" range for total IgG. His IgA was normal until about 6 months ago and is now low. Dr. B tells me that much of this is pre determined and the kids just don't show it early on. I really wonder, though, if much had to do with my son's sinusitis. I don't understand it fully, either.

It is good that the mcop. is coming down. Both his IgM (more recent) and IgG are coming down - good!

I am in a similar situation. My son's IgG (total) and s. pneumoniae subclasses started dropping about 3 years ago, and he started slipping under the "normal" range for total IgG. His IgA was normal until about 6 months ago and is now low. Dr. B tells me that much of this is pre determined and the kids just don't show it early on. I really wonder, though, if much had to do with my son's sinusitis. I don't understand it fully, either.

It is good that the mcop. is coming down. Both his IgM (more recent) and IgG are coming down - good!

We have sinus issues as well. I really appreciate the responses. Hopefully one of the Dr's will call me back tomorrow. I have a phone consult scheduled for Monday with one of them and I will post what each of them have to say. Thanks again for the replies.

If anyone can think of some good questions that I should ask, please let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

We have sinus issues as well. I really appreciate the responses. Hopefully one of the Dr's will call me back tomorrow. I have a phone consult scheduled for Monday with one of them and I will post what each of them have to say. Thanks again for the replies.

If anyone can think of some good questions that I should ask, please let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

If you have sinus issues then your son should probably get his s. pneumoniae titers checked. These pneumococcal titers are often low in children with sinusitis and it means that the body is not able to fight off strep pneumoniae (not the same as the group A strep in strep throat). S. pneumnoiae lives in the back of the throat normally, but when it gets up in the sinuses it can cause sinus infections if the body cannot fight it.

If you have sinus issues then your son should probably get his s. pneumoniae titers checked. These pneumococcal titers are often low in children with sinusitis and it means that the body is not able to fight off strep pneumoniae (not the same as the group A strep in strep throat). S. pneumnoiae lives in the back of the throat normally, but when it gets up in the sinuses it can cause sinus infections if the body cannot fight it.

I will definitely ask to have that test done - thank you!! Do you know how it's treated or what can be done to help it?