ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr. T and IVIG Through Coram

Has anyone gone to Dr. T, had him order IVIG and had it done through Coram Specialty Infusion? If so, what was your experience? Was there anything you wished had been done differently? I will be in this situation with my son very son and I would appreciate anyone's advice. We will be doing a home infusion through Coram in Mountville, PA.

We are patients of Dr T's and had IVIG through Coram in MI. THough he was not the Dr. who wrote the script, he was consulted and supported the IVIG. Coram was great to us here. A few things I learned along the way - make sure the doc orders IV hydration to go along with teh IVIG. Also, what Coram thought was slow drip (3 hours each day) was not slow enough. THe slower you go the more you minimize the side effects. The nurse was awesome, but we were her first PANDAS patient. She had taken the time to read up on it before working with us and had lots of questions and compassion. But she was not used to giving the high dose, and was very uncomfortable in proceeding the next day when the headache,vomitting and fever showed up. Luckily our doctor was available to override her supervisor who was telling her not to continue the second day. So my last tip would to be to make sure Dr T is accessible by phone if there are concerns/questions. All in all, Coram was a wonderful organization to work with (I even felt like I was friends with their billing department!) and I would use them again in a heart beat.

Whats the dosage from Dr T?? I love him hes the dr who got the IV approved .We dont use him right now for the iv we use UMDNJ,thinking maybe to go back to him if need be. but Dr T is dannys neurologist we love him and trust him.

melanie