ACN Latitudes Forums

Igenex Lyme results

Got the results of our full panel of Lyme tests done by Igenex:

Immunofluorescence Assay (IFA) 40 EQUIVOCAL

IgM Western Blot 39+, 41+, 83-93 IND [Positive by both Igenex & CDC standards]

IgG Western Blot 30+, 31 IND, 34 IND, 41+++, 58+, 83-93 + [Positive by Igenex; Negative by CDC]

PCR Serum

Genomic - Negative

Plasmid - Positive

Confirmed by Southern Dot Blot

PCR Whole Blood

Genomic - Negative

Plasmid - Negative

Who wants to be first to say 'told you so'? ;) To think we almost didn't bother! :blink:

So what do I do now? We're in anti-LLMD Texas & the 7 yr journey just to get to this point has exhausted most of our money - we can't afford to go to CT & poor Dr. Jones doesn't sound like he needs anymore cases (besides my ds is turning 19 in 2 mos & Jones is a pedi)! I think my brain is hyper-ventilating over here!!! :wacko:

WOW! One kid after another here! I was not on the forum much when all the Lyme stuff hit. My kid was doing good at the time (didn't last) and we were living. So, I have no idea how the whole Lyme ball started rolling on here. I have heard that it ruffled a few feathers. I have to say thank goodness that issue came up because look at all the kids who are going to get the proper treatment now - my kids included.

I am sorry that your child is positive but happy for both of you that now you know what you are dealing with and can get rid of it!!

Got the results of our full panel of Lyme tests done by Igenex:

Immunofluorescence Assay (IFA) 40 EQUIVOCAL

IgM Western Blot 39+, 41+, 83-93 IND [Positive by both Igenex & CDC standards]

IgG Western Blot 30+, 31 IND, 34 IND, 41+++, 58+, 83-93 + [Positive by Igenex; Negative by CDC]

PCR Serum

Genomic - Negative

Plasmid - Positive

Confirmed by Southern Dot Blot

PCR Whole Blood

Genomic - Negative

Plasmid - Negative

Who wants to be first to say 'told you so'? ;) To think we almost didn't bother! :blink:

So what do I do now? We're in anti-LLMD Texas & the 7 yr journey just to get to this point has exhausted most of our money - we can't afford to go to CT & poor Dr. Jones doesn't sound like he needs anymore cases (besides my ds is turning 19 in 2 mos & Jones is a pedi)! I think my brain is hyper-ventilating over here!!! :wacko:

Grace,

I will pm you some info.

Linda

I am so sorry for the diagnoses but there is true healing ahead with the right Dr.

Unfortunately, nobody knew a year ago that Lyme could present identical to PANDAS inclusive of strep trigger. What we have come to learn is these kids thought to be PANDAS kids often have Multiple Chronic Infections and not just strep or Lyme. With a good LLMD you'll be able to peel back the layers of chronic infection eliminating one infection at a time turning down and eventually off the hyper immune response by the body.

My best recommendation is to find the closest most affordable LLMD - ILADS trained Dr. and be in front of or talking to that Dr. every six weeks until you gain confidence in the recovery process. You will need to check and watch for co-infections. AND, you will also you need to learn about Detox, Detox, Detox.

Living bacterias produce endotoxins. When bacterias are killed they produce exotoxins. Endotoxin/exotoxins cause inflammation and symptoms. If you help the body to eliminate toxins you'll have less symptoms and the body will not be as taxed due to overload of toxins.

We have some great Dr.'s a little closer to you than Jones if you are willing to travel.

Wishing you all the best as you begin this journey of understanding and recovery.

-Wendy

Edited by SF Mom