ACN Latitudes Forums

More herxing from Tindamax

kmom

I started Tindamax on Monday. I wrote about the bad stiff neck I woke up w/ yesterday. Still have some neck pain today but I handle pain pretty well. I also felt the shortness of breath yesterday...feels better today but latest and worst symptoms is the queasiness and vomitting. This AM I woke up and felt some queasiness. I ate breakfast and put off taking my abx's b/c I was scared to feel even worse when I knew I was volunteering in my DS's kindergarten class. Before I left to volunteer, I got sick. I waited to take my abx's after a decent lunch. The rest of the day went pretty well. But about an hour after taking my abx's on a full stomach from dinner, I felt the queasiness hit and an hour from taking them, I got sick again. Is this a typical herx reaction? Anyone have this happen when Tindamax or a cystbuster abx was added into the mix? I mean, I prepared myself for feeling worse. I just want to get a feeling that this is a herx reaction and not an allergic reaction to Tindamax. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any advice like if I should space my Doxy and Ceftin away from Tindamax??? :(

You can have flu like symptoms with vomiting from a herx. It could also be the flu. BUT, timing points to herx unless someone else in the household gets ill. Often adverse reaction to antibiotics would include diarrhea.

Take some Alka Seltzer 'Gold' or Motrin and see if it helps. Obviously, if it doesn't resolve with 48 hours call your Dr.

-Wendy

DS takes 1/2 capsule in the morning and 1/2 at night. He is also on Augmentin. The Tindamax are in capsule form so he gets half the inside in the morning and 1/2 at night. He likes eating and crunching on the little balls. They are 100 mg for the whole capsule.

Sorry for the the vagueness, quite busy. :)

Edited by JuliaFaith