ACN Latitudes Forums

Back at square one

Meds were changed and now I feel like we have been throtteled back in to september. Am trying to get her out of the house to get her bloodwork tht Dr.B had ordered. Hope to find out if she still has strep or what in the world is going on. Prayers and good vibes would be awesome. I was so excited after our last visit with him, and happy to be put on azith for the myco p.

How do you tell if your kid has yeast overgrowth? I can't seem to get any probiotics in her. Is there one that I could put in juice that she would never know?

Shadowtails - sorry for the backslide. I am wondering when you changed meds and if you contacted Dr. B about the backslide? He is usually pretty good about problem solving these things. Do you use an antifungal? Probiotics help to keep good bacteria in the gut, but they do not remove yeast. You may need an antifungal and a probiotic. You may also need a different antibiotic. I would let him know you are having problems. It may take him a couple days to get back to you, but it would be worth it.

I'm kicking myself in the butt right now wishing I would have called him sooner. I did'nt call right away because I was hoping that it was a short backslide and then progression like last time. He is off on Fridays so I will be calling at 9am sharp tomarro. All she is on are: prednisone and azithromycin.

Meds were changed and now I feel like we have been throtteled back in to september. Am trying to get her out of the house to get her bloodwork tht Dr.B had ordered. Hope to find out if she still has strep or what in the world is going on. Prayers and good vibes would be awesome. I was so excited after our last visit with him, and happy to be put on azith for the myco p.

How do you tell if your kid has yeast overgrowth? I can't seem to get any probiotics in her. Is there one that I could put in juice that she would never know?

Shadowtails - sorry for the backslide. I am wondering when you changed meds and if you contacted Dr. B about the backslide? He is usually pretty good about problem solving these things. Do you use an antifungal? Probiotics help to keep good bacteria in the gut, but they do not remove yeast. You may need an antifungal and a probiotic. You may also need a different antibiotic. I would let him know you are having problems. It may take him a couple days to get back to you, but it would be worth it.

I'm kicking myself in the butt right now wishing I would have called him sooner. I did'nt call right away because I was hoping that it was a short backslide and then progression like last time. He is off on Fridays so I will be calling at 9am sharp tomarro. All she is on are: prednisone and azithromycin.

They do make probiotic juice, Good Belly Juice. I've only seen it at Whole Foods. You can also try Kefir which is similar to a yogurt drink. Will she tell you why she won't take the probiotic?

She hates yogurt and is sick of taking meds.. But she is taking all the ones that the doc prescribed. I will look into the good belly juice.

The small "Good Belly" juices are strawberry flavored and don't taste like yogurt. I don't even think they have yogurt in them. My daughter loves the smiley face on top of the containers...we cut them off and slide em around for fun.

Hey shadowtails--My ds had a really bad fever last weekend and I wasn't sure if he might need an abx switch. I called Dr. B.'s answering service and had him paged. He called me within a couple of hours (on a sun.) and really worked things through with me over the phone. It's worth a try if you can't wait til Mon. I couldn't--my kiddos fever was 104!