ACN Latitudes Forums

Streptozyme Screen

We did a bunch of lab work through Dr. T this summer on my four children and myself, including ASO and streptozyme.

My ASO was normal, BUT my streptozyme was 400 when it should have been lower than 100. One of my children had a streptozyme of 200 (normal<100) yet his ASO was normal.

• 8 months later...

Can someone explain the difference between the Streptozyme Screen test and the Aso/D-Nase test? My daughter was positive for the Strep Screen, but negative for ASO & D-Nase. My husband asked me to explain the difference to him...I couldn't answer. :blink:

I think the doctors order the streptozyme test just in case the ASO or DNase do not come back elevated. I think it is just another way of hopefully finding a strep infection. The thing Dr. T told me about it was that the results are very close. In other words, a streptzyme result of 100 (negative) is very close to a reading of 200 (positive). So a 200 may be meaningless or may be significant. But a 300 or more would be significant. I believe the results jump in increments of 100.

Cab40--I don't know why Dr. T isn't responding. Try calling his office. Call or e-mail every day until he responds. Try first thing in the morning as others have posted. I'm so sorry you are going through this.