ACN Latitudes Forums

New Lab Results

MY daughter's lab results are mainly the same as last time:

Positive Igenex IgM Western Blot

Positive Bartonella with Specialty Lab

Positive RMSF IgG with Quest (significantly lower: 1:256 to 1:64)

Elevated AST, Cholesterol, Triglycerides

Very Elevated C. Pneumoniae IgG (went from 1:64 to 1:128)

Low level of Carbon Dioxide, Pottasium

Her other elevated IgG's were not re-checked this time (Cytomegalovirus,Herpes 6, HSV 1, Epstein Barr Virus).

Except, this time she has a POSITVE Streptozyme Screen. The Aso and D-nase are negative though, as usual. What is the difference between the tests?

Her LLMD doesn't think an antibiotic change is warranted. Just continue with current treatment. Thoughts?

on streptozyme ..are you talking the strep pneumo...the 14 of them...

because labcorpa and quest measure the same..but the paratmeters are different..from what i can tell...so with labcorp you pass..with quest you don't

No, not the strep pneumo...she failed 12 of them a year and a half ago when tested. This is a test from Quest called Streptozyme Screen with Reflex to Titer. We ran it a couple of times before...always negative.

Wish I could help but we are still new on this path but did want to say that our LLMD said that your carbon dioxide numbers fluctuate all the time so he doesn't read much into a high or low number. I believe it is included in the metabolic panel that we get to check liver function but like I said, not something he would request otherwise.

Did I read somewhere that potassium is usually low with Lyme? It's so hard to keep everything straight in my mind!

When was the last time you had these labs done?

MY daughter's lab results are mainly the same as last time:

Positive Igenex IgM Western Blot

Positive Bartonella with Specialty Lab

Positive RMSF IgG with Quest (significantly lower: 1:256 to 1:64)

Elevated AST, Cholesterol, Triglycerides

Very Elevated C. Pneumoniae IgG (went from 1:64 to 1:128)

Low level of Carbon Dioxide, Pottasium

Her other elevated IgG's were not re-checked this time (Cytomegalovirus,Herpes 6, HSV 1, Epstein Barr Virus).

Except, this time she has a POSITVE Streptozyme Screen. The Aso and D-nase are negative though, as usual. What is the difference between the tests?

Her LLMD doesn't think an antibiotic change is warranted. Just continue with current treatment. Thoughts?

I'm not too concerned with the carbon dioxide/pottasium. I was just wondering about the streptozyme test. It means she's still able to get strep, while on all these abxs--correct? And her ASO & D-Nase were normal!?? The labs were done Jan 17th. Should I retest in a few weeks?

I'm sure other more strep savvy moms will chime in but could that just mean she was exposed but not necessarily got strep? Not sure if that makes sense. We are more Lyme than pandas so now my research is more Lyme based.

I'm not too concerned with the carbon dioxide/pottasium. I was just wondering about the streptozyme test. It means she's still able to get strep, while on all these abxs--correct? And her ASO & D-Nase were normal!?? The labs were done Jan 17th. Should I retest in a few weeks?

I would retest in a few weeks and rotate towards something that treats strep if it is rising. That was the recommendation to us when we thought Impetigo.... to rotate towards something that treats strep directly. I would also think she could be exposed, mount a response but not have full blown infection. Are her symptoms flairing?

Older DS never had anti-DNase-B at sudden on-set. Only ASO of 244. When we checked titers last June his ASO was 90 'sub negative' and Anti-DNase-B was 60 'sub negative'. I thought it was strange that he was finally showing Anti-DNase-B titers.

Great news on the RMSF. Just about ready to check one infection off the list!!!

-Wendy

Edited by SF Mom

Well her appt. with the llmd was on January 17th, when she had the blood draw. She was good then. 5-6 days later she started with an increase of symptoms (seemed strep-like symptoms). I contacted the school nurse and asked for a letter to be sent out requesting to be notified of any strep cases. There was at least 8 cases in the two 3rd grade classes. I took my daughter to ped. for a throat swab, which was normal, as usual. Then a few days later she became sick which turned into a sinus cold...and then it was difficult to figure out what was what. She's doing a lot better, but I don't think as good as the day of the appointment. It took her back some.

I called the llmd's office today and they said to stay on the same abx's. I think I'll have a local doctor re-run it.

Sounds like she was reacting to all the strep in class. Does she ever have ASO or Anti-DNase-B? I would wait at least a month/or two 'if her baseline is not adjusting downward' and retest. If she has had ASO and Anti-DNase-B in the past rerun those too.

Can you double up on detox until you retest?

-Wendy

Sounds like she was reacting to all the strep in class. Does she ever have ASO or Anti-DNase-B? I would wait at least a month/or two 'if her baseline is not adjusting downward' and retest. If she has had ASO and Anti-DNase-B in the past rerun those too.

Can you double up on detox until you retest?

-Wendy

Thanks Wendy--I had a kickin migraine last couple of days, so needed a little break. Can you remind me again of some suggestions on detoxing. I'm giving dd 30 daily drops of burbur, bentonite clay, lemon water, epsom baths and probiotics. I remember you using Chorella(?)...is it for detox? Is it from NutraMedix?

Melinda

BurBur is good. I am not sure how much bentonite you are giving DD per day but we've gone back up to a 1 1/2 cups per day and it has helped a lot during this last herx from rotation with older DS. I do use chlorella but not with kids.

-Wendy

We only give a Tbsp...not even every day. I notice when I increase (even slowly), she gets frequent loose stools, many times with stomach pain. Is that commom while increasing?

How is the family these days?

Edited by philamom