ACN Latitudes Forums

NIGHTMARES? Maybe not really, could it be herx?

dd 8 has just tested + for lyme, all other co infection neg. She has been on AugmentinXR for a while (PANDAS), seems all tics have disappeared over the last couple weeks but OCD (certain words) seemed to intensify around the same time. We just added zith 250mg once a day on Monday. Every night since she has awoke in the middle of the night crying in torment for a few minutes, then back to bed. Well she just opened up a little to me last night (HUGE for her!) and said she has dreams of voices saying "the word", she has aversion to several words but "back" is by far the worst. She is actually hurting herself with her compulsion, she does some kind of pressing in her mouth and she also showed me a huge ulcer under her tongue and said that is what she is doing to herself, so please don't say the word. So the question, can I really call that a nightmare??? since it is so OCD related... anyone else have these sort of "nightmares" as a herx??? Trying to possibly get her into an intensive outpatient OCD treatment program at UCLA, but I am afraid they will try to push the psych meds on us, and may not keep us there if we don't take them. I am not willing to add them to the equation at this point. I also saw her OCD worsening before starting the zith, and I am not sure that that low dose would spark such a herx so fast. Any thoughts???

I know our LLMD always asks did they have any 'nightmares' with the rotation in treatment. Herx's typically start within 48 to 72 hours so she is right on target for it to be a herx.

It is also a symptom of babesia. Does she have any night sweats? Air hunger? Even though she is negative currently you are more likely to have babesia then not.... rate is approximately 60% of all individuals that have LD have Babesia as a co-infection.

You are fortunate to have the TICs resolve so quickly... as you know, some are not so lucky.

Interesting to me. My dd 12 started Tindamax on weekends only last weekend, second weekend this weekend, and has started having very vivid wierd and old OCD related thought type dreams. I was wondering if this was part of herx as well? She has bartonella and PANDAS. Also, had her first mild panic attack in months last week out of the blue. How long does herxing typically last?