ACN Latitudes Forums

Normal anti-neuronal titers

SSS

Hi- I've read quite a few back posts on these (Buster's a certified genius) but if anyone has any comment, I would so appreciate it--

DD5's CamK score 175.

Just got back the 2nd part of the test- everything was smack in normal range, the only thing 'outstanding', I guess, was

Anti-Dopamine 1

Normal range 500-2000

Normal mean- 1056

DD5's - 2000

So even that is in range.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Edited by S & S

Actually, my DD9 had that as her dopamine1 score and I was told by Dr. Cunningham that it was considered high because it was almost twice the normal mean. Does your child have a lot of OCD? Mine does and apparently the dopamine1 score correlates with OCD.

God bless!

This is interesting.

We don't have 'standard' tics, but breakdowns/rages where she loses control of her body- hitting, kicking, spitting, the light swearing over and over (can't remember medical term for this) at age 5, it is: you're stupid! you're rude! Stupid!

:-(

I never quite understood exactly what all those meant either, but I have to tell you my dd7's (now 8) results were almost identical. CamK was 189. All the rest normal range, but Anti-Dop1 was 2000 - so Dr. C had pointed that out as elevated on the results as well. Her primary symptoms is OCD as well. She also had rages and ADHD like behavior.

Hi, our Camkinase was 237 and all my daughter's antineuronal antibodies were right in the middle of the normal range. I also called Dr. Cunningham and she brought up the possiblilty that there might be another antibody that she was not testing which was high. I just wanted to throw that out there for thought.

Edited by Trg girl

I can't add anything but I do have a question. We had not done this test in the past due to money and it not making a difference in treatment for my dd, but Dr. J had us participate in the study. It takes a while to get it back but I was wondering if having been on antibiotics for a long time change the outcome of the test? My dd was not in a horrible place when the blood was drawn, but certainly not normal either. She had been on Zith and Augmentin for more than a year. Will that affect the test?

We just tested my daughter, who had started zith a week before the test. My son had also been on and off abx frequently for 10 months before he was tested 2 yrs ago. Kathy said that abx do not alter the results.

(tho it stands to reason that if abx bring your child off the rafters and into a calmer place, then in a sense, they do alter the results by calming everything down - but in and of themselves, if you test when your child is not in a good place, then taking abx or not will not change the answer as to whether your child's symptoms are auto-immune related).