ACN Latitudes Forums

I know many of you can relate, but TS is so perplexing!

Schnauzer

My 4 year old son was ticcing(blinking non stop) alot this past Saturday and so I started giving him on the Bontech supplement. It greatly reduced his tics so I figured we must be onto something, well, today when I picked him up at the babysitter, she said he ticced non stop today. I know I need to stay positive, but when she told me this, it was like a kick in the stomach, seriously I felt nauseous. Why is TS so perplexing? He is a very picky eater so his diet doesn't vary much and I know he probably didn't eat anything new. My brother has TS so I'm not new to this, have seen it all or most of it. I just find TS really odd, how it suddenly starts, then goes through wax and wane periods, gets worse during teen years and then the ticks can actually go away when you get older. I mean what other disorder behaves like this. Anyone else feel this way?

I sure feel this way. The rare weeks that tics seem to calm down and almost disappear are a blessing and a curse. I love the time but now know its fleeting. I have been in this awful journey for 7 years now with my son. First it was allergies and the tics actually went away for many years. Then we have been on the PANDAS side of this and recently due to serious health issues, looking into Lyme. With this disorder there are so many variables, that just when you think you have the solution, it ends up right back where you started. kathy

Yes, I totally understand. You think you are on to something and you start to cruise along, and then it all flares up again. I find it very odd. Especially when you can't pinpoint the cause - it can be mind boggling. But, I guess just enjoy the good times and hopefully they will last longer and longer!