ACN Latitudes Forums

Cod liver oil in AM or just a "good day"?

kengela

Yesterday my dd6's teacher told me she thinks my dd has ADHD and wondered if Ive spoken to her DR re Medication, she just"wanted me to be aware of what shes seeing" DD was diagnosed with ADD and tic disorder which the schooland teacher were informed of more than once,including the medical record of dx and request the GFCF diet not be comprimised at school. I sure am glad they want ME to "be aware"! then at the end her suggestion of medication and comment of "oh so you know and choose to just let it go" she says maybe she should buckle down on dd because ONE time she completed a math paper in a timely fashion when she was told she couldnt go to do whatever the class was doing next so"she can do it if she really wants to" What the ****?So apparently this teacher thinks I should medicate a child who "can focus if she wants to"???? This after I showed her video of dd doing pretty severe arm, shoulder and head tics and explained that dd has many tics that she obviously suppresses at school and explained that adults with tics will tell you it takes alot of effort to suppress them. I also told her again of some of dd's other symptoms-irrational fears,social anxiety,sensory issues,etc...Then she pretty much called me a liar when I told her dds tactile sensory prob. is why it takes her so long to get all her winter gear(we live in Mich.)on by saying "No no she never says anything is bothering her she just pokes around and is just slow." & "No I dont see any social anxiety,she interacts with the other kids and teachers,so I dont think she has social anxiety. UHHHG!!This lady causes me anxiety!Whew, I guess Im done venting now. So today dd comes home with a note saying"Emerald stayed focused all day and completed all her work on time. Whatever you said to her really worked!" I didnt say anything to dd all I did was give her Cod Liver Oil(Nordic Naturals-Artic-D) in the morning instead of at night. So my ? is: Has anyone seen such a marked improvement in attention/ablity to focus with similar supplement? Also do you think giving in the AM rather than PM would make such a difference? Im so hoping that is the case and dd didnt "just have a good day" because now this teacher will really think she can do so well all the time now,she just doesnt get it.

Edited by kengela

• 1 month later...

My 9 year old son has mild ADHD and mild/moderate tourettes. In September, I started giving him Nordic Naturals Cod Liver oil every morning b4 school. After about 9 days, his tics reduced by about 90%. He hardly ever tics anymore. I could easily go a week without noticing any, and I spend a lot of time with him.

While my wife and I havent noticed a change in his attention and distractability, his teacher told us that his attention improved.

I LOVE the Nordic Naturals cod liver oil.

Note though for others with tic issues. According to experienced people on the Tourette's forum, some people have a bad reaction to fish oil and tic more. In those cases, flax seed oil is thought to be the best source of OMega 3s.

Alan

Yesterday my dd6's teacher told me she thinks my dd has ADHD and wondered if Ive spoken to her DR re Medication, she just"wanted me to be aware of what shes seeing" DD was diagnosed with ADD and tic disorder which the schooland teacher were informed of more than once,including the medical record of dx and request the GFCF diet not be comprimised at school. I sure am glad they want ME to "be aware"! then at the end her suggestion of medication and comment of "oh so you know and choose to just let it go" she says maybe she should buckle down on dd because ONE time she completed a math paper in a timely fashion when she was told she couldnt go to do whatever the class was doing next so"she can do it if she really wants to" What the ****?So apparently this teacher thinks I should medicate a child who "can focus if she wants to"???? This after I showed her video of dd doing pretty severe arm, shoulder and head tics and explained that dd has many tics that she obviously suppresses at school and explained that adults with tics will tell you it takes alot of effort to suppress them. I also told her again of some of dd's other symptoms-irrational fears,social anxiety,sensory issues,etc...Then she pretty much called me a liar when I told her dds tactile sensory prob. is why it takes her so long to get all her winter gear(we live in Mich.)on by saying "No no she never says anything is bothering her she just pokes around and is just slow." & "No I dont see any social anxiety,she interacts with the other kids and teachers,so I dont think she has social anxiety. UHHHG!!This lady causes me anxiety!Whew, I guess Im done venting now. So today dd comes home with a note saying"Emerald stayed focused all day and completed all her work on time. Whatever you said to her really worked!" I didnt say anything to dd all I did was give her Cod Liver Oil(Nordic Naturals-Artic-D) in the morning instead of at night. So my ? is: Has anyone seen such a marked improvement in attention/ablity to focus with similar supplement? Also do you think giving in the AM rather than PM would make such a difference? Im so hoping that is the case and dd didnt "just have a good day" because now this teacher will really think she can do so well all the time now,she just doesnt get it.