ACN Latitudes Forums

Proposed Legislation to Combat Lyme in MA

I thought this would be interesting for all those in Massachussetts. State Rep David Linsky, D-Natick, whose son is battling Lyme, has proposed a bill that would create a special commission on Lyme and a Lyme Disease Research Institute at the University of Mass Medical School.

Most telling was this sentence: "Linsky, who didn't want to go into his son's medical history, said nearly everyone seems to have a friend or relative afflicted by the illness." I wondered if he wouldn't comment because his son has neuro-psych symptoms?

Anyway, here's the link if anyone's interested: http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110214/NEWS/102140304/-1/NEWS

Thanks for posting this. We spend our vacation every summer on the Cape. The article mentions how the number of Lyme cases has increased there. Yikes!

I thought this would be interesting for all those in Massachussetts. State Rep David Linsky, D-Natick, whose son is battling Lyme, has proposed a bill that would create a special commission on Lyme and a Lyme Disease Research Institute at the University of Mass Medical School.

Most telling was this sentence: "Linsky, who didn't want to go into his son's medical history, said nearly everyone seems to have a friend or relative afflicted by the illness." I wondered if he wouldn't comment because his son has neuro-psych symptoms?

Anyway, here's the link if anyone's interested: http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110214/NEWS/102140304/-1/NEWS

Edited by justinekno

Aren't they actually off with that number? I thought that was CDC reporting at a minimum. It's more like 10x that number or 40,000 cases....right?

Thanks for forwarding. sad that it always takes someone in power to feel the pain before getting ignited to do something!