ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone from upstate NY?

adkmom

Have been bouncing between Lyme and PANDAS boards. and am wondering if there is anyone from upstate NY on the forum? I know 2 moms whose children became infected while in NY but anyone live here?

thanks.

darlene

I grew up in Amherst, New York (suburb of Buffalo), family still lives there, have had lyme since childhood, but live in Florida now.

Truly a small world at times. I live in Amherst but originally from Boston MA. Treating my son for PANDAS for 2 yrs but waiting for Igenex results. Many vacations on Nantucket and the cape. We'll see...

What Lyme doctor do you use?

Have a relative in central by with Lyme.

One visit so far with Dr. Bovenzi in Albany, trained under Dr. J briefly.

But she's a ped.

But she's a ped.

Ok thanks. It sure isn't a great place to develop lyme b/c there are so few llmds and almost no holistically oriented mds.

I grew up in Amherst, New York (suburb of Buffalo), family still lives there, have had lyme since childhood, but live in Florida now.

Truly a small world at times. I live in Amherst but originally from Boston MA. Treating my son for PANDAS for 2 yrs but waiting for Igenex results. Many vacations on Nantucket and the cape. We'll see...

Lismom -

I'm just wondering..why was there a wait to do the Igenex tests? It seems that most Pandas docs want to test for the co-infections as soon as they diagnose for Pandas.

Lismom -

I'm just wondering..why was there a wait to do the Igenex tests? It seems that most Pandas docs want to test for the co-infections as soon as they diagnose for Pandas.

I have only been working with my pediatrician for the last several years. What we were doing was helping for a while. It wasn't untill I went back on this blessed board this winter when things were getting bad again, did I see the cross over between many with PANDAS finding Lyme. Our results should be back in another week or so.

Good luck. let us know what happens with the results. Dr. B was shocked when Lyme positive results came back for us. 2 negatives on LabCorp but clear positive with Igenex. Had it not been for the proper testing, we never would have known...that's scary. My son was having fatigue briefly but every day, so that was the only symptom (non Pandas) that Dr. B couldn't figure out. It wasn't attributable to Pandas but as we've learned...the result of Lyme.

all the best. sounds like you're on top of it now.

Lismom -

I have only been working with my pediatrician for the last several years. What we were doing was helping for a while. It wasn't untill I went back on this blessed board this winter when things were getting bad again, did I see the cross over between many with PANDAS finding Lyme. Our results should be back in another week or so.

• 4 weeks later...

But she's a ped.

I am also taking my son to dr. B in albany-we go back next week for his positive lyme results to be interpreted to me (we were supposed to go this week but the weather...)

But she's a ped.

I am also taking my son to dr. B in albany-we go back next week for his positive lyme results to be interpreted to me (we were supposed to go this week but the weather...)

Our appt with Dr. Bovenzi is March 31. If you can give feedback, much appreciated.