ACN Latitudes Forums

Costs

lfran

Can anyone give me a sense as to how much treatment might cost per month? Not talking about doctor visits -- just the meds, if I have to buy them without insurance. (We're with an HMO, and they won't refer out, and my prescription plan will only cover meds if a plan doctor writes them). I know that azith and augmentin are very expensive in California (they seem to be a lot cheaper elsewhere!) but I have no experience with some of the other abx that people have mentioned.

Thanks.

If I were in that situation, I would probably be looking to buy from one of the online pharmacies as much as possible. magicpharma.com is one of many out there. I would suggest looking online to see what prices are out there. The differences can be dramatic. Of course, some will not be available that way.

My tindamax costs about $900 per month without insurance, Factive costs about $1,000 per month without insurance (this is a fluoroquinolone not typically given to kids) and I believe is not available online. Ketek, I think about $500 per month without insurance. I think it will vary quite widely depending on the drugs. I know some of the babesia ones like Mepron are much more, and perhaps the more widely used ones like augmentin / biaxin and so on would be cheaper.

If I were in that situation, I would probably be looking to buy from one of the online pharmacies as much as possible. magicpharma.com is one of many out there. I would suggest looking online to see what prices are out there. The differences can be dramatic. Of course, some will not be available that way.

My tindamax costs about $900 per month without insurance, Factive costs about $1,000 per month without insurance (this is a fluoroquinolone not typically given to kids) and I believe is not available online. Ketek, I think about $500 per month without insurance. I think it will vary quite widely depending on the drugs. I know some of the babesia ones like Mepron are much more, and perhaps the more widely used ones like augmentin / biaxin and so on would be cheaper.

Are any of these available through Canadian pharmacy? Just saved ~$375 on prescription (Alinia)there that will be mailed out of the UK and we should receive in 2-3 weeks. Oh, savings was twice amt. mentioned above since prescription was for 60 tabs. instead of 28.

Marks Pharmacy 877.888.9265 My dr. faxed my prescription straight there and they e-mailed me a form to fill out and I faxed it to them on toll-free number.

Edited by JuliaFaith