ACN Latitudes Forums

Risks

Guest Guest_efgh

Guest Guest_efgh

Thanks to everyone for giving valuable info on the effect of DT vaccination and tics. I am still confused and am unable to decide what should be done...

What is Diphteria , what is tetanus - Assuming the worst case scenario that I do not vaccinate my son against DT (due to the fear of thimerosal, increase of tics, etc ) , what is the probability of getting Diphteria or tetanus? Is Diphteria life threatening? what about tetanus ? How important are these vaccinations? sorry for so much rambling , just wanted to know both the sides before making a decision.

My son is doing very well now(very minimal tics - almost unnoticeable) and hence so much of concern.

thanks in advance for your replies.

(PS- Do the DT vaccinations contain thimerosal?)

Guest Prudence

Please vaccinate your child. The benefits soo outweigh the risks. Diptheria, if not diagnosed quickly, will kill your child. Diagnoses could be hampered since diptheria would NOT BE a reasonable consideration, initially. Tetnus,"lock jaw", could easily kill your child, also. It can be found in the soil outside your home. THERE ARE REAL REASONS THESE ILLNESSES HAVE IMMUNIZATIONS!

Our world isn't perfect. Please consider though: the perservative used in the vaccinations contains Even Less Than The Allowable Amounts Of Mercury. Hopefully, mercury will be eliminated from the vaccines. I agree. In the meantime, we must go with what is available. Our children's lives are at stake.

I have not read the threads about mercury and immunizations and tics. I hope the discussions are not 'striking fear' in the hearts of the parents with kids that tic.

efgh,

I assume that you saw my post to your earlier thread on the info from the yahoo message board? Not all DT vaccines have mercury/thimerisol in them, but my point in posting that is that it appears that some do. You should check with your child's doctor not just on the vaccine vial itself (apparently they can be deceptive) but on the records that come with the vials. My understanding is that Chiron is one company that removed all mercury --but I don't know if they do this vaccine, though I know that they do the flu one.

I would post your question on the mercury-autism yahoo board. They are most educated about mercury in vaccines, and vaccine risks. Maybe there are some formal guidelines, e.g. splitting the 2 vaccines, how you verify no mercury, how you verify no casein....

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Autism-Mercury/

But after this, I really think you need to get a DAN/EM doctor's guidance on whether your own child's immune system can tolerate this now or whether you need to reassess in the timing of giving this to your child. It may for example depend on where you live for Diptheria. Professional guidance is important.

There is no reason in the world to need to give it to him with thimerisol though-- if your doctor has only one source and isn't willing to get another one, you can just call around to find a doctor whose vaccine comes from a different source. Also, I would split them if possible.

--------------

I have this very strong feeling that Prudence/Billy O/Lanie/TSNW are 'related', given the underlying tone and coincidence of appearance in the last week. How many newcomers arrive to chide us in the last year (zero) vs the last week? With Braintalk down right now, the normal 'venting' spot is gone.

I personally think that the newcomer(s) should need to register, so that there is greater honesty in their communication versus their trying to pretend that multiple people are saying their own message over and over. This certainly hurts their credibility even further, though it might work on a more fragmented board than we have. Of course they can always register with multiple email addresses, but I think it would reduce occurances of posting under multiple names.

Please note that I don't ever directly communicate to the person(s?)--I used to do this on Braintalk and it was a black hole--our time is better spent on our family or helping people here. It would be great to have required registration and even an ignore feature. But I know that Sheila Rogers is doing this without any compensation and trying to get her book out at the same time, so we may need to just manage this ourselves--we just can't burden her too much.

Claire

Guest Guest_efgh

Thanks a ton Claire for your valuable feedback. I owe a lot to this board who have not only taught me the basics of good health but also have increased my confidence level in dealing with things. Thanks again.

Claire, I would be grateful to you if you can post this question of mine reg. mercury levels and the best practice that can be adopted to give DT vaccination (like splitting the vaccine, etc) in the yahoo board on my behalf and get back to me. That board is new to me and hence I thought it would be good if you could help me out if you are alearedy an active member of that board.

I read your earlier post on mercury being used in some of the vaccines STILL and hence my post on "RISKS" so that I can decide based on all your feedback

efgh,

I am not an active member there...actually I posted twice and never got any answers (unlike the enzymes board), so I think my posting a 3rd would be an annoyance to them.

After closer look, the board is mostly one person (Andy, not our Andy) answering a ton of questions about chelation, so it may not be the best place after all. And the enzymes board really is about enzymes mostly. (I am trying to cut back on posting anyway, and not start a new board)

Sorry I can't help you further...! Do let us know what your doctor says about its presence in the vaccine he gives. I think you need a lot number--maybe ask our Andy...someone here posted a way to check for thimerisol.

Claire

Such a shame...:lol: I am just so disappointed at the deceptive practices. I wonder if the new mercury levels are possible to find out?

One article said it was fear of lawsuits that kept anyone from proclaiming a correlation.

http://www.whale.to/a/mercury7.html

"Many manufacturers voluntarily began producing supposed "mercury

free" vaccines in 1999. Some product inserts currently claim that

a "trace" amount of mercury still exists in the final product but

that the amount has been greatly reduced. Others claim to be

producing completely mercury free products.

During an investigation into the mercury issue, HAPI learned that

Thimerosal, a 50% mercury compound, is still being used to produce

most vaccines and that the manufacturers are simply "filtering it

out" of the final product. However, according to Boyd Haley, PhD,

Chemistry Department Chair, University of Kentucky, mercury binds to

the antigenic protein in the vaccine and cannot be completely, 100%

filtered out.

All four vaccine vials tested contained mercury despite manufacturer

claims that two of the vials were completely mercury free. All four

vials also contained aluminum, one nine times more than the other

three, which tremendously enhances the toxicity of mercury causing

neuronal death in the brain. "

more....

Claire

dear efgh,

Using a common sense approach to immunising.

In the case of Diptheria and tetnus.

These diseases are a threat in places where sanitation is poor, with inadequate sewerage systems and dirty water supplies.

Nutrition is poor, no fresh fruit and vegetables or no food at all or clean water.

Or where your childs immune system is very low and they continually catch every cold and flu that comes along.

Yes you can still get tetnus and it is usually in the soil or can be caught from rusty nails and tin, but please remember the risk is very low, especially if you use antiseptic on cuts and scratches. If your child needs stitches or has a deep wound which becomes red and oozy, then when you take him/her to the dr's, mention that they are not immunised, then they will know to look for other symptoms.

These days with all the antibiotics that are available you don't need to to be scared into having the shots.

If your child already has tics, it is my experience that the shots will make them worse. Later on, when your child is older, then they can decide if they want them or not.

Of course if you are going to be travelling to poorer areas then you would look into it more and weigh up the decision.

Diptheria is also rare in the USA as far as I know, but I don't live there!

Once again, prepare yourself with the symptoms so that if you find yourself worrying, you can tell your GP about the immunisation issue.

Hope this helps.

Prudence -maybe you should have a read of the threads and see why we are so offensive of immunisation before you post and strike fear and confusion into parents that have children with this problem. :)

Clare