ACN Latitudes Forums

Grunting sound - anyone have this?

adkmom

My DS4 just started what is another type of tic I think. :o It's a grunting sound (almost like he's trying to go the bathroom...sorry for the crudeness or lifting too many weights) it's not throat clearing exactly...Anyone ever have this?

He's been diagnosed with Lyme and Pandas.

thanks for your input

Both of my children had this tic and it did resolve with lyme treatment, however, it did take months to resolve. My son had some pretty big regressions along the way and the tic did come back a few more times and then it would leave again.

So, I just want to give you hope in that I no longer hear this, but it make take some time to completely leave.

Elizabeth

Both of my children had this tic and it did resolve with lyme treatment, however, it did take months to resolve. My son had some pretty big regressions along the way and the tic did come back a few more times and then it would leave again.

So, I just want to give you hope in that I no longer hear this, but it make take some time to completely leave.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth,

Did they have the tic all along? (I would think that the original tic would resurface but this is a new one for Colin) He also started blinking a lot. He's doing it almost continually (every 5 minutes throughout the day). Thanks for your encouragement.

darlene

My dd11 had a sort of grunting tic for a while a few years ago... had an eye blinking one too, but we did not know about PANDAS at the time and didn't put it all together.

I have not heard the grunting tic in ages, but other issues have worsened in her case. I often see one symptom resolve, just to see another begin.

I hope your son is better soon!

That is our one consistent tic. The volume and frequency can change, but it's been constant for probably 6-7 months now. That is the only one the doctors see, but it's obvious enough that they notice now. It can be so bad, if I'm sitting next to him trying to watch TV (which I usually am bc he has to be physically touching me most of the time), I can't even hear the TV :(

Tantrums,

It's such a new tic for "us" that when I'm watching tv and he does it, my instinct is to say "shhhh". How terrible is that. I've had to catch myself. He clearly doesn't even realize he's doing it. Lovin these faces..... :wacko:

One of my first tics was a kind of grunt. It sounded like a piggy noise. I can do it voluntarily but I don't know anyone else besides my little sister (3yo, barely any speech, has NOT taking to potty training in the least bit. I think P.A.N.D.A.S. or something is up.) who can make it all.

Tantrums,

It's such a new tic for "us" that when I'm watching tv and he does it, my instinct is to say "shhhh". How terrible is that. I've had to catch myself. He clearly doesn't even realize he's doing it. Lovin these faces..... :wacko:

Don't feel bad! I did that too initially but have realized he can't help it and now we grind our teeth and bear it. I barely notice it now unless it's interfering with something I'm trying to hear. I do notice though, if I turn the TV up louder, he gets louder too. But I can tell it's not intentional.