ACN Latitudes Forums

lyme question

This is probably a very dumb question but could my son have lyme if he did not have a known tic bite? I am trying to put together the pieces of the puzzle on my 4 year old son and someone mentioned not to rule out looking at lyme and seeing a llmd. As far as I know he has never had a tic bite although we do live in the midwest. He does have ocd, tourettes, anxiety, selective mutism with peers and had a rare parasite around the time all of this started. We are seeing a psychologist, pediatrician and neurologist but I feel like we are missing something...pandas, diet, SOMETHING. I just can't figure out which way to turn and where to go for help!

Absolutely it can be lyme without a known tick bite. I am pretty sure it is less than half of those diagnosed (perhaps 1/3?) have a known history of a tick bite. There are a variety of postulated methods of transmission other than ticks (such as mosquito bites), most of them not proven to have occurred, but one clear possibility is getting from mother in uterus.