ACN Latitudes Forums

Allergies

Lynn777

Hello,

Well, we have been dealing with a constant/chronic coughing tic for over two months! The thing is we are definitely noticing DS has two distinct coughs. One is short/dry = tic and the other is longer/phlegmy & seems to be the one he has during the night.

Anyway, I spoke to his doctor & he said to take him to the allergist and see if maybe his allergies are exacerbating the tics (the same doctor that told me his allergies didn't have anything to do with his tics). So, I made an appointment with an allergist & they want to do a skin prick test, but I am terrified this will make him tic even more.

Anyone else have it & if so, any extra tics?

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Thanks,

Lynn

Hi

I recently took my son for an allergy test (skin prick) and you are right - he was anxious and did tic.

But I am glad we did as he showed up for dust mite allergy which he didn't 3 years ago.

You just have to reassure your son. It doesn't hurt and doesn't take long.

However, as you probably know it doesn't really test for a lot of the food intolerances which might be subtle.

Good luck in reaching your decision.

x

Hi Lynn,

We did the skin prick tests (the preferable means of allergy testing for our environmental dr.). Two visits a couple of weeks apart to run through the foods. Didn't stress out my son or make him tic more. He actually liked the testing if you can believe it. It was a new (albeit freaky) experience, and he liked the attention he got when we all looked at his arms and told him we couldn't believe he went through that.

Hope it's not too bad for son! Please let us know what you learn.

Chris

Thanks so much! I think I am going to move forward with the skin prick. We already had the IgG food testing, but this will be for environmental allergies. I just want to rule everything out.

Also, he now has a 103.6 fever & his cough has become very bronchial, so I'm guessing part of the tic spike this weekend was do to the illness setting in. That said, he's been coughing for 2 months now, so it's not the answer to everything, but it answers the spike & coughing in his sleep.

Take Care,

Lynn

For 25 years I have been an allergist doing desensitization using sublingual drops and an unusually large serum mix. I had a 12-year-old boy come in about 3 years ago with full-blown incapacitatring Tourette's syndrome. Since he had allergies, I placed him on my program. He returned one month later for followup and the Tourette's was totally gone! I then asked a pediatric neurologist to send me more cases, and I have had a cure rate of about 85%. I recently saw the young man back again and he was a perfectly normal 15-year-old.

For more info the website is www.allergyeasy.com. As I reviewed this site I realized there are many tics and Tourette's people out there desperate for help, and many are aware of the allergy cause of the problem, but the problem is finding an allergy program effective enough to manage the problem well. I'd be happy to discuss this problem with you, and if you have a primary care physician who is willing my company could teach him how to do it.

Stuart Agren, M.D.

For 25 years I have been an allergist doing desensitization using sublingual drops and an unusually large serum mix. I had a 12-year-old boy come in about 3 years ago with full-blown incapacitatring Tourette's syndrome. Since he had allergies, I placed him on my program. He returned one month later for followup and the Tourette's was totally gone! I then asked a pediatric neurologist to send me more cases, and I have had a cure rate of about 85%. I recently saw the young man back again and he was a perfectly normal 15-year-old.

For more info the website is www.allergyeasy.com. As I reviewed this site I realized there are many tics and Tourette's people out there desperate for help, and many are aware of the allergy cause of the problem, but the problem is finding an allergy program effective enough to manage the problem well. I'd be happy to discuss this problem with you, and if you have a primary care physician who is willing my company could teach him how to do it.

Stuart Agren, M.D.

Hi Stuart

I live in the UK - a bit far to travel. I would be interested if you had any clinics you could recommend over here?

Thanks