ACN Latitudes Forums

Gut Issues

dd9 had T&A back in December. about week 4 post T&A we were at a GREAT point even, despite, a virus/cold.

However, about week 6 we have a lot of complaining........clear runny nose constantly, headache, and tummy ache.

I was able to get some Omnicef for her as we thought it might be a sinus infection since the cold ( clear runny nose) was lingering forever.

My question is about gut issues. How can you tell? See, the complaint of the tummy aches started before we started Omnicef last week so I don't "think" it is from that......

And our last antibiotic had been after the T&A.....so 4 weeks ago, at least. Before that the last antibiotic had been about 2 + months before that....

So I would not think it is from antibiotics but the constant tummyache is starting to take its toll on me............help!

dd9 had T&A back in December. about week 4 post T&A we were at a GREAT point even, despite, a virus/cold.

However, about week 6 we have a lot of complaining........clear runny nose constantly, headache, and tummy ache.

I was able to get some Omnicef for her as we thought it might be a sinus infection since the cold ( clear runny nose) was lingering forever.

My question is about gut issues. How can you tell? See, the complaint of the tummy aches started before we started Omnicef last week so I don't "think" it is from that......

And our last antibiotic had been after the T&A.....so 4 weeks ago, at least. Before that the last antibiotic had been about 2 + months before that....

So I would not think it is from antibiotics but the constant tummyache is starting to take its toll on me............help!

In my daughter (pre PANDAS) gut issues were most obvious in loose, smelly BMs (sorry to be so graphic!) and huge sensory/regulation issues. She never had a tummy ache. Once we removed intolerant foods (gluten, casein, soy and, later, corn), addressed her nutritional health with a barrage of supplements (we figured this out working with a DAN and the Organic Acids Test) and a yeast protocol we saw great improvements in her behavior, sensory issues and BMs. And then she got PANDAS... :(

Anyhow, hope this helps.

Malke