ACN Latitudes Forums

Fidgeting

Hi All,

I know there has been a thread or two on fidgeting in the past but can't seem to find it. Will's tics are fine but he has been doing a lot of fidgeting lately....sucking his shirt around the neck, continually touching his mouth.

Is there a known vitamin/mineral deficiency that is associated with fidgeting such as this? Claire? Chemar?

I haven't posted in ages as I am so busy with Work but read the posts as much as I can.

Heather

Hi Heather,

Hope you are juggling everything okay.

Chemar is the supplement expert, so I will defer to her on that aspect. I assume you do cal/mag which is relaxing already. I know you are an expert on yeast elimination, so I will safely assume that isn't a cause.

My son's fidgeting went away with food elimination. Since that is a pretty random thing to try without all the testing, my suggestion would be to try Houston Nutriceuticals enzymes, the AFP Peptizade (for proteins) and the Zyne Prime (for carbs/fats) for a couple of weeks, and see if that helps. If you call the company, they would tell you how to begin. I know you were doing some anti-yeast enzyme, but supposedly these seem to be very good with foods for kids who have issues.

Oh yes, the Epsom salt baths are wonderful for relaxing at bed--I recently tried them myself and they really do relax me. Not sure if this carries over to the second day, but it is good for sulfation issues and they can cause fidgeting.

Don't know if you saw my post that my son's excema is finally almost gone away, with the latest yeast treatment.

I found a good reference for supplements that I want to check out--it is called Braintalk and they are whole foods based vs synthetic. Although I just spent a ton on 4 months of compounded vitamins, this is good to know for the future.

Good luck.

Claire

Claire,

Thanks for your reply. I am going to go back to some epsom salt baths which I haven't done in a long time. However, after posting last night I am starting to think I know why the fidgeting was going on.

I have been giving him treatment again for yeast issues. I use it pretty regularly for Will now because I have had 2 times in the past that yeast has come back. However, I had been using only Candicin for yeast over the past couple of months because I ran out of Threelac. There were some yeast related things I was observing and I wasn't sure how effective the Candicin was so I again went and ordered the Threelac and have been giving it to him over the past couple of weeks. Last week I was giving him probably more than usual. I don't measure it...just shake it on his food. I think it was die off from yeast that was giving him the fidgeting issues since after backing off for a couple of days on the Threelac the fidgeting seems to have gone away (along with the other signs of yeast). This is only my observation for today so we will see what the rest of the week brings. I am going to continue with the Threelac but in smaller doses.

That is awesome about the excema. I had missed your report on that. Are you still doing yeast treatment for him? Is it still nystatin you are using?

Heather

Heather,

Jennifer told me that Alka-Seltzer Gold is good for yeast die-off. I have tried it myself and think it works. I saw it on the enzyme site also.

We have restarted Nystatin for my son. He only does pills once a day now, which makes giving Nystatin (should be 2x/day) less than ideal.

Claire

Hi Heather

good deduction re the die off being a cause for the fidgitiness!

I really am a big fan of Capryllic Acid (Capryl) for help in yeast elimination, and the fact that it is high in magnesium is an added benefit for tics/ relaxation too.

We have never had recurrent yeast problems and I attribute it to the initial dietary changes plus the Capryl.

ah yes

re the Epsom Salts baths.......not only will they help with relaxation but they also help in detox

and

if you child likes chamomille tea...very beneficial all round.

Jasmine is a very calming essential oil. Our accupuncture therapist made up an aromatherapy mix for my son that has jasmine in but is also blended with other oils so as to make it a bit more "masculine"

my son dabs some on his wrist and sniffs at it and it is very relaxing.

I have a pure jasmine one and I use it before bed and sleep wonderfully

Chemar and Claire,

Thanks again for all the advice on calming. I have given him some epsom salt baths once again and have continued use with the Threelac in very small doses. He is much better this week.

I am always interested in hearing treatments that other people have had experience with so thank you very much for the info on the capryllic acid for yeast and jasmine for calming (Chemar) and that is also very interesting regarding the Alka Seltzer Gold (Claire). Even though Will has been doing exceptionally well, I am always keen to learn more.

Heather

Heather It is always good to hear good news and I have been following your success for a while now. Have not seen to many of your posts lately but I believe that you were using NDF for your son and you saw a big decrease of tics. I have read some of the research behind it but was not sure how much was fact and how much was spin. Could you give us an update on the NDF treatments and what led you to use it?

my son nearly died because his Tourette Syndrome was so severe that he had tics that caused him VERY serious injuries.

After trying pharmaceuticals to help him, which only made things worse as they induced psychosis, i was BLESSED to discover the many alternative treatments that I now share here.

Within a few short months my son went from someone who was totally miserable and unable to function normally to a happy and successful kid. Yes, he still has Tourette Syndrome and he still tics. But the tics are no longer preventing him from living a normal life, in fact they are so mild that many people dont even notice them. And we find them quite endearing. But I can assure you, watching him bleed and scream in agony when he had tics that were severely hurting him forced this parent that you are scorning to take action to help my son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Andy,

It was my naturopath who recommended the use of the NDF as my son showed high Aluminum and Mercury levels. Since using it the Mercury levels did go down and we are still working on detox. His tics have been great the last 6 months.... sometimes come back minimally. We are still working on yeast issues as well so I haven't used the NDF in awhile. Once the yeast is back down we will treat the metals again with the NDF as his Aluminum levels are still increased.

Good to hear from you. I have started a new job and just haven't had time to post but I do check in.

Heather

Heather thanks for sharing that information about NDF. When my son is finished with his detoxing with DMPS and DMSA I may need a long term safe detox for him to get rid of any remaining metals or just to help him fight off any new entry of toxins. As far as I have read, DMPS and DMSA treatments are recommended from 6 months to 18 months tops. So they are a great start but I don't think we will be finishing the race with them. About posting, it is hard to try to keep up but I am glad that when you can you are still getting the message out.

Chemar it is great that your son is doing wonderfully and it is even greater that you still give your time helping others instead of moving on and away. I have e-mailed you and Claire before thanking you both for providing me so many paths into the right direction.

Guest daniel

Heather,

Has Will's tic gone away 95% or more since Threelac?

I going to order Threelac but afraid of die-off.

I have heard from claire about aka seltzer gold..

Claire,

doe aka stands for alkaline..because I think my child is allergic to potatoes and

potatoes have alkaline?

Besides fidgeting , can a rash a result from die-off?

Thanks..

Daniel,

Yes, Will's tics have gone away 95% and I would say my feeling is that it Threelac has been part of that. Yes, my son developed rashes as well when we initially used the Threelac. Yeast has come back twice when we weren't using Threelac and with each time, he has had rashes when we started using the Threelac. I feel that this is part of the yeast die off. After on it a couple of weeks or so, the rashes stopped.

We are also using other things (B6, Magnesium Taurate, Zinc, Primrose Oil, and a multi) so I cannot say it was entirely the Threelac that did the trick but that it did play a big part and definitely did get rid of the yeast.

Heather