ACN Latitudes Forums

Allergy results/probiotic question

gators

Well we got back our IgG and IgE results. The IgG showed a severe (+5) reaction to milk, moderate (+3) reaction to caesin- the IgE showed mild reaction to milk (+1) and moderate for tuna (+2). So I think we have a sensitivity to dairy which I suspected because my son loves dairy. So we have started on an elimination of dairy. We were currently doing gluten but we are going to stop because tests did not show anything and we have not seen any results with gluten removal. Doctor started my son on a multi vitamin by Allergy Research Group and Nortic Naturals Pro DHA(haven't given him this yet). Anyhow, doctor recommended a probiotic from Klaire Labs called Ther-Biotic. I think Chemar posted she prefers Kefir but since we are eliminating dairy I did find Culturned coconut milk and cultured coconut yogurt from Turtle Mountain. Would this be sufficient? Which one would be better? I would prefer the milk because it has less sugar than the yogurt but not sure if one as more probiotics than the other. This is all so overwhelming.

Also, I was told that gluten could take months to get out of your system so any change in tics could take a while. Is this the same with dairy???

Any help is soo appreciated. Thanks so much.

Leslie

Hi Lselie,

We eliminated dairy as a first step in the modification of our son's diet. We're around 6 months in. I don't think that elimiating it alone without making other changes (like eliminating a couple of other things that we keep away from him, in addition to rotating several other things to make sure they don't end up being intolerance, and adding a few supplements) would have had the effect that combining the elimination with the supplementation has had.

But we did notice a difference within a few weeks or so of changing his diet, and I'm sure that eliminating dairy had something to do with the overall improvement. Once in a great while he gets a little cheese either inadvertently or as a special treat, but only after we were very strict with it for a long time.

Regarding the kefir, We use a soy yogurt (my son is ok with soy) in combination with a probiotic, but not as frequently as we were doing for a while. But I'm sure they're both important for the health of his digestive track. It's just tricky remembering to get it into him... Regardelss of your choice, make sure you check ingredients carefully for artificials and preservatives, which could easily outweigh the benefits of the kefir...

Good luck!

Chris

Well we got back our IgG and IgE results. The IgG showed a severe (+5) reaction to milk, moderate (+3) reaction to caesin- the IgE showed mild reaction to milk (+1) and moderate for tuna (+2). So I think we have a sensitivity to dairy which I suspected because my son loves dairy. So we have started on an elimination of dairy. We were currently doing gluten but we are going to stop because tests did not show anything and we have not seen any results with gluten removal. Doctor started my son on a multi vitamin by Allergy Research Group and Nortic Naturals Pro DHA(haven't given him this yet). Anyhow, doctor recommended a probiotic from Klaire Labs called Ther-Biotic. I think Chemar posted she prefers Kefir but since we are eliminating dairy I did find Culturned coconut milk and cultured coconut yogurt from Turtle Mountain. Would this be sufficient? Which one would be better? I would prefer the milk because it has less sugar than the yogurt but not sure if one as more probiotics than the other. This is all so overwhelming.

Also, I was told that gluten could take months to get out of your system so any change in tics could take a while. Is this the same with dairy???

Any help is soo appreciated. Thanks so much.

Leslie

Hi Leslie-

I give my daughter Klaire Ther-Biotic Detox Probiotic every night. She is taking daily abx for PANDAS/Lyme. I really like the product. There is also a good probiotic drink from Whole Fields called "Good Belly" that is dairy free, but not sure of the sugar amount. Can I ask the name of the multi-vit by Allergy Research?