ACN Latitudes Forums

Identical Twins - Only one with Pandas

Hi HT Mom & welcome to the forum... I had the exact same thought about both boys having PANDAS, with one presenting with a more mild case.

Dr. Latimer in Bethesda MD is a neurologist who handles PANDAS cases. I don't know if she is taking new patients. I need to call her myself - we're in Williamsburg. We just got back from seeing Dr. Bouboulis last week. He is an Immunologist in Darien, CT who handles PANDAS cases. Both docs are excellent from what I understand, although may have slightly different approaches.

Dr. B did order labs on the rest of the family for strep titers as well as co-existing infections. I'm anxious to see what he finds there.

Hi HT Mom & welcome to the forum... I had the exact same thought about both boys having PANDAS, with one presenting with a more mild case.

Dr. Latimer in Bethesda MD is a neurologist who handles PANDAS cases. I don't know if she is taking new patients. I need to call her myself - we're in Williamsburg. We just got back from seeing Dr. Bouboulis last week. He is an Immunologist in Darien, CT who handles PANDAS cases. Both docs are excellent from what I understand, although may have slightly different approaches.

Dr. B did order labs on the rest of the family for strep titers as well as co-existing infections. I'm anxious to see what he finds there.

Thank you! So many coincidences (see Colleen's reply to me, above), AND it turnout I have neighbor with a PANDAS son. She recommended Dr. Latimer to me as well. I also got an email back from Dr.K, offering to do a phone consult. I sent an email to Dr. Cunningham as well. They are both snowed in, I think, at the moment.

UPDATE to all:

Pediatrician prescribed 30 days of Augmentin, 875 mg, 2x per day. Also Prednisone 5 days. Doing probiotic also, mid day, after school. (BTW, many probiotics and yogurts have strep bacteria listed! WTF??) So, we are doing something, now wait and see, Meanwhile, trying to convince Doctor, including my Infectious Disease MD friend, that other infections are possible and trying to schedule testing for whole family.

Thank you to everyone!