ACN Latitudes Forums

Teeth discoloration

I have noticed this ever since her "grown up " teeth have started coming in. Yes, I am sure it has a lot to do with genetics and the fact that she hates milk. Has a Vitamin D defficiency we have been trying to correct since summer ( with chewable vitamins). Thought?

I think some abx can cause tooth discoloration as well.

I had a talk about this with our new dentist. He said adult teeth are darker than baby teeth so if you have a mix of them in the mouth, the adult ones may seem even darker, cleaning teeth will help with any discoloration, we asked about cleanings every 3 months and he said thre was no need for that, he checked with a pressure thingy (my technical term) to make sure abs were not causing any weakening of the teeth, finally he said do not brush teeth immediately after taking a liquid antibiotic. Rinse with water after taking it, but wait 20 minutes to brush.

I have noticed this ever since her "grown up " teeth have started coming in. Yes, I am sure it has a lot to do with genetics and the fact that she hates milk. Has a Vitamin D defficiency we have been trying to correct since summer ( with chewable vitamins). Thought?

I just saw a show on TV about this. Apparently they are finding many kids now have teeth discoloration and they think it's from too much fluoride; fluoride in water, toothpaste and treatments at the dentist. The show mentioned that they are considering lowing the amount of fluoride they put in drinking water.

Speaking of fluoride, it is one thing to "apply" it to the teeth, it is quite another thing to "injest" it (ie drinking water). Contrary to popular belief it is very toxic. I have been purchasing drinking water from whole foods (reverse osmosis) and I cringe every time I run out and I have to give tap water to my kids...