ACN Latitudes Forums

The academic presentation on cumulative infections and autoimmune dise

Some time in the last few months someone posted a link to a video of an interesting academic presentation about cumulative illnesses contributing to autoimmune disease, emphasizing that autoimmune disease is not a one-germ-one-illness phenomenon.

I was wrapped up at the time, and neglected to keep track of the link. Can any of you tell me where to find it?

Thanks!

Tenacity

I found it myself! But I can't figure out how to "bump" it. The link is included in the following post (copied in)if anyone else wants to track it down.

#1 SF Mom

Advanced Member

Group:

Members Posts:

1,998 Joined:

31-August 09 Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

Here is a very interesting video regarding multiple co-infections or successive infection and how you get multiple symptom overlap from differing disease i.e. 'night sweats'

I need to credit Elizabeth for finding video.

!

Here's the link!

The gist of the idea presented here: Successive infections create unique multi-microbial environments in individuals' immune systems, which may lead to various types of autoimmune disease. So autoimmune diseases don't neatly follow the old one-pathogen-one-disease paradigm.

When I posted this link originally I was only interested in the concept of 'Successive Infection' and not the Marshall Protocol (just a good video on how successive infections happen... creating multiple overlapping symptoms). MCIDS 'Multiple Chronic Infection Disease Syndrome' or 'Successive Infections' is the same concept and was discussed at the most recent ILADs conference in the fall.

I thought I'd post a review of that conference. There is a lot of information on how these Dr.'s are actually successfully treating MCIDS and more aligned with how we are treating our three children. I highly recommend the DVDs from that conference... Far better than any book I've read especially if you are dealing with chronic infection.

http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/216-ilads-2010-conference-takeaways

-Wendy

Edited by SF Mom