ACN Latitudes Forums

IVIG infusion in Houston, TX area?

Our dr in Dallas is encouraging us to try to find a local place to have our IVIG done so that we don't have to pay for an overnight stay up there for the two-day treatment. So far, though, the hospitals that I see with an infusion center will only work with dr's who have privileges there. Has anyone found a place around the Houston area that does it?

My DH doesn't want to spend money we can't really afford, but he also doesn't want to use just anybody to get it done either, so he's leaning toward biting the bullet & doing the overnight thing. I told him I would ask here, though, just in case someone might actually be able to recommend a place to us as this is the go-to source for such info!

~Grace

Yes, we're working with Dr. Rao. I talked a bit with Dr. Infante by email, but he is still new to all this & was talking about an approach that was more standardized care & conservative in approach than what I believe we need at this point. And we seem to be a PITAND rather than a PANDAS case - I'm not sure he's there yet.

Anyway, DH & I are still leaning toward just doing the overnight in Dallas - at least for the first one.

Are you still working with Dr. R or are you working exclusively with your lyme dr now?

Yes, we're working with Dr. Rao. I talked a bit with Dr. Infante by email, but he is still new to all this & was talking about an approach that was more standardized care & conservative in approach than what I believe we need at this point. And we seem to be a PITAND rather than a PANDAS case - I'm not sure he's there yet.

Anyway, DH & I are still leaning toward just doing the overnight in Dallas - at least for the first one.

Are you still working with Dr. R or are you working exclusively with your lyme dr now?

I haven't done IVIG so I can't help you much there. :/

I haven't seen Dr. R yet! Making an appointment once this weather clears. Can't even get a hold of my general & I took my last Nuvigil this morning. D:

Seeing Lyme doc March 3rd. :)

I live in Houston also and I'm currently looking to try to find a place for my dd9 to get IVIG done as well. Someone mentioned to me trying to do the IVIG at home. With a doctors order, you would receive your medications delivered to your door and have a home health nurse administer your medications and stay through the entire infusion to watch for possible side effects. Amerita is one infusion company that offers IVIG for in home therapy. Has anyone done this before, and if so, was it succeful?

You might want to look into these folks:

http://www.coramhc.com/Map/Default.aspx

There are some in Texas.

Coram labs. It's like a chain of Infusion Centers.

I called the one closest to me (1/2 an hour away) and talked to them for awhile on the phone, and was pleased.

If we go IVIG route (and our insurance won't help) these people seemed reasonable in price, and expert in care.

And, the close location is a big bonus.

They told me they do 1st time infusions, have everything there in case of a reaction, and do the infusion according to the Dr.'s prescription.

HTH.

• 3 months later...

Our dr in Dallas is encouraging us to try to find a local place to have our IVIG done so that we don't have to pay for an overnight stay up there for the two-day treatment. So far, though, the hospitals that I see with an infusion center will only work with dr's who have privileges there. Has anyone found a place around the Houston area that does it?

My DH doesn't want to spend money we can't really afford, but he also doesn't want to use just anybody to get it done either, so he's leaning toward biting the bullet & doing the overnight thing. I told him I would ask here, though, just in case someone might actually be able to recommend a place to us as this is the go-to source for such info!

~Grace

Hello Grace,

I'm not sure if you've already found an infusion center near Houston, but we are in Webster and we offer all types of infusion therapies. We are located right outside of Houston as well as in Beaumont, and Sugarland. If you are still in need of infusion services or know of anyone looking for a great infusion center, please check out our site! Thanks and have a wonderful day! Your friends at Pineloch Infusion Center.

http://www.pinelochinfusion.com/