ACN Latitudes Forums

IGeneX testing ?

Ok, so Dr. B wants us to do IGeneX testing and he gave me a kit to have it done. I opened it and saw 2 tubes for a blood draw... umm... no blood draw set? I'm a nurse, but I need a needle to get blood in that tube! lol

So, I guess I have to take her somewhere to get this done? What have others done with the IGeneX? Also, I think I saw something in there about only having it done/sent certain days?

Any input would be appreciated - thanks!

you should go to a local lab but make sure you have some regular labs to draw and then ask them to throw in the kit...that's what I do. They shouldn't care. Read the instructions before you go, you may need to go on a certain day (like by wed.) and you may need to get it to fedex immediately.

Ok, so Dr. B wants us to do IGeneX testing and he gave me a kit to have it done. I opened it and saw 2 tubes for a blood draw... umm... no blood draw set? I'm a nurse, but I need a needle to get blood in that tube! lol

So, I guess I have to take her somewhere to get this done? What have others done with the IGeneX? Also, I think I saw something in there about only having it done/sent certain days?

Any input would be appreciated - thanks!

Yes, I think it need's to be sent Mon-Wed. We had it done at Quest and then shipped it fed-ex. If you are having other labs drawn, they may not charge an additional fee.

Yes, the test needs to be done Mon-Wed and sent via the IGX Fedex packaging (2 day delivery). Depending on which test you do one of the sheets has instructions for which tube to use and how to handle the blood. Make sure you use a lab that will spin the blood. You will have to pack up the box, insert your check (or include credit card info), put the label on, and take it to Fedex (preferably the same day).

Nancy