ACN Latitudes Forums

I think I chose our lyme doc today.

I chose not to go the route of igenex testing b/c from what I read on these forums, unless it lights up like a christmas tree, there is so much left up to interpretation and then there is follow-up testing to see if it's "really positive" and then follow-up testing to see what co-infections may be present, etc.

DH and discussed all this at length and decided it makes better sense to just consult with a lyme doc, tell him/her our symptoms and let the doc decide which tests to run, if any, or just go ahead and start treating based on symptoms and see what we get. I think I ran this scenario by this or the pandas board already and the concensus was that this is a good course of action.

So, in reading this forum and talking to others it seems like I am best to go with Dr. Beals or Debbie McCabe in the same practice. Here are my question:

*will they be ok with me going there without prior testing?

*how do I know which one to go with? (McCabe is apparently a DAN doctor which is good b/c we have already been with 3 DAN docs so she would be familiar with our current protocol).

*should I do our first consult over the phone so they can order testing or should I just load up the family and bring both boys (and myabe have an appt for myself as well).

* do they do follow up appts on the phone?

I will be interested in the answers as we have our first appt with Beals on 2/9. We did Igenex, and I am hoping that will be enough for now- kids (and I) are tired of tests, and well, tired.

I know we cannot due the bicillin injections, as one ddvis most likely allergic, and the other has major needle fear.

I'm pretty sure Debbie McCabe isn't an MD. Reading her bio on the NIHA website (http://www.nihadc.com/practitioners/deborah-mccabe.html), I'm not even sure if she's an ND.

Looks like she was recently fined by the State Board of Maryland for 'practicing medicine without a license'. http://www.mbp.state.md.us/forms/sep10sanctions.pdf

Not trying to discourage anyone from seeing Dr. B or Debbie. I just think everyone should be informed about the credentials and background of the practitioners they are seeing. I do like the idea that Dr. B is willing to take the "let's try it and see what happens" approach. Sometimes I think that's what it takes.

Stephanie

Yeah! Just go. Secretly many of us lyme moms were hoping you would take this next step. I really think it will help.

Kim

I chose not to go the route of igenex testing b/c from what I read on these forums, unless it lights up like a christmas tree, there is so much left up to interpretation and then there is follow-up testing to see if it's "really positive" and then follow-up testing to see what co-infections may be present, etc.

DH and discussed all this at length and decided it makes better sense to just consult with a lyme doc, tell him/her our symptoms and let the doc decide which tests to run, if any, or just go ahead and start treating based on symptoms and see what we get. I think I ran this scenario by this or the pandas board already and the concensus was that this is a good course of action.

So, in reading this forum and talking to others it seems like I am best to go with Dr. Beals or Debbie McCabe in the same practice. Here are my question:

*will they be ok with me going there without prior testing?

*how do I know which one to go with? (McCabe is apparently a DAN doctor which is good b/c we have already been with 3 DAN docs so she would be familiar with our current protocol).

*should I do our first consult over the phone so they can order testing or should I just load up the family and bring both boys (and myabe have an appt for myself as well).

* do they do follow up appts on the phone?