ACN Latitudes Forums

Going to see Dr. Latimer for frist time

Hello ! We are going to see Dr. latimer on Wednesday. We have been to see Dr. K twice and got better, but still suffer from bad tics. I thought I would get a second opinion and was thrilled when I could get an appointmet.

Can someone tell me what to expect ? How much money do I have to pay her up front ? We have gotten good relief with almost no side effects from the IVIG. SO I don't think we should go through PEX. I do think Thomas needs prophylaxis for Mycoplasm as well as Strep. His last bloodwrok showed that his strep titer had gone down but his mycoplasm was up. (at least judging by this simple titer) Do you think she would add Biaxin to his Augmentin. ? I also wanted to talk with her about using some auotimmune therapy to try and control his flareups.

I was planning on taking the train up from Raleigh(Selma) to Union Station and then taking the red line out to Bethesda. The Hyatt says it is right off the red line. Anyone been there ? I was planning on taking a taxi from the hotel to her office.

Many thanks for any help !

Anne

Hi Anne, sorry that I do not have any info for you as I have not seen her. We have our first appt with Dr. B this coming Weds. I did want to confirm though... is Dr. Latimer accepting new patients again??? If so, I'm calling!!!

I hope your appointment goes well and you get the answers you need. :)

We have taken a taxi to Latimer's office from several of the hotel's in the D.C. area. It is very easy to do.

I have never heard of her giving Biaxin. She is pretty much an augmentin gal.

I can't remember exactly but initial consultation/first visit is close to $500.

I love Dr. Latimer.

Hi Anne, sorry that I do not have any info for you as I have not seen her. We have our first appt with Dr. B this coming Weds. I did want to confirm though... is Dr. Latimer accepting new patients again??? If so, I'm calling!!!

I hope your appointment goes well and you get the answers you need. :)

Thank you ! My pediatrician called for me in early December and we got the Jan 27th appointment. I didn't realize that she wasn't taking new patients !

Hi,

We live nearby and have seen Dr L.

Yes, the Hyatt in Bethesda is RIGHT off the Metro Red Line. THe trip from Union Station to Bethesda on metro will take you about 20 minutes.

The cab ride from the Hyatt to Dr L should not take more than 8-10 minutes, it is very close.

Our first visit with Dr L was a visit that was around $400 ( less than most people because our meeting was shorter than expected) and then the Cunningham tests were another, separate, $400 ( tax deductible).