ACN Latitudes Forums

"OAT" test by Great Plains

Just received the results of the "OAT" test by Great Plains done on my dd9. Never ran this test before and probably won't speak to the doctor who ordered it until next week. It looks pretty good...only 3 results out of range:

Yeast & Fungal Marker:

Arabinose- 70 H (ref range <56). This was the only elevation out of eight yeast/fungal markers.

Krebs Cycle Metabolites

Acontic- 10 L (ref range 11-35). This doesn't seem to low.

Amino Acid Metabolites

Phenyllactic .53 H (ref range <.27). It mentions in remarks that it may indicate increased intake of dietary phenylanine, and something about (PKU).

I'm very excited to see her Clostridia marker at 14 (ref range <227). That seems pretty good...I guess the probiotics are doing their job. My daughter had c-difficile in April and also in 2006/2007.

Any opinions? Do I need to treat for one Yeast/Fungal marker? She does not take any anti-fungal product...just florastor and other probiotics (250 billion). Thanks!

• 5 years later...

Just received the results of the "OAT" test by Great Plains done on my dd9. Never ran this test before and probably won't speak to the doctor who ordered it until next week. It looks pretty good...only 3 results out of range:

Yeast & Fungal Marker:

Arabinose- 70 H (ref range <56). This was the only elevation out of eight yeast/fungal markers.

Krebs Cycle Metabolites

Acontic- 10 L (ref range 11-35). This doesn't seem to low.

Amino Acid Metabolites

Phenyllactic .53 H (ref range <.27). It mentions in remarks that it may indicate increased intake of dietary phenylanine, and something about (PKU).

I'm very excited to see her Clostridia marker at 14 (ref range <227). That seems pretty good...I guess the probiotics are doing their job. My daughter had c-difficile in April and also in 2006/2007.

Any opinions? Do I need to treat for one Yeast/Fungal marker? She does not take any anti-fungal product...just florastor and other probiotics (250 billion). Thanks!

Hey, I have high arabinose too (68), can you tell what are your problems, mental problems and etc..

it indicates autism or similar problems, aspergers is autism too (high functioning autist with high IQ but severely disabled socially - can't communicate with ppl and etc)