ACN Latitudes Forums

Got my results back finally

here are my Igenex western blot results

IgM Band 18+, Band 31 IND, Band 41 IND, Band 66 ++

IgG Band 31 IND, Band 34 IND, Band 39 IND, Band 41 +, Band 58 +

Babesia Microti was negative both IgG and IgM

Bartonella henselae and Bartonella quintana definite negative on both IgG and IgM

Ehrlichia chaff IgG is equivocal 1:64 and IgM is negative

EBV IgG is high as well.IgM is negative

ANA screen negative

I have my LLMD appt in a couple weeks.

Any thoughts?

Jodie

I think it would be worth doing confirmatory testing. PCR/DNA, Dot Blot or band 31 confirmatory testing or an antibiotic trail with retesting in a couple of months.

For me most days are much, much better and a fog has lifted that I didn't know I was living in until I started feeling better. Somedays, like today, I get side swiped by the herx.... added Omnicef to protocol last night.

Good luck and keep updating.

Thanks Wendy.

Its a bit confusing because energetically I tested positive for Bartonella as per my Ds's LLMD. Couldn't do bloodwork back in october for financial reasons. Now having found a fantastic and reasonable local LLMD, my results are different than what I was expecting.

Its still Lyme and some coinfections I guess. I did some initial provocation antibiotic treatment with Zith, herxed for a week with flu like symptoms but the mental fog lifted so well. I am looking forward to starting treatment. I think I also have several hormonal imbalances and my LLMD picked up on those too.

After the initial congentital Bartonella diagnosis for DS I was shocked and stunned at realizing I gave this to him. I've been a bit depressed and just a bit lost in my own world since october trying to make sense of all the symptoms and life changes I've experienced since my toddler years.Its also been beyond words to finally find a reason.

No matter what the label, its still a TBD and I need to get treated. I will go the holistic path after the initial essential antibiotics have been explored. Also dealing with yeast and leaky gut my LLMD tells me.

Trying to find a way to do ART on myself! LOL. will ask Dr Klinghardt when I meet him in february.

Im not doing any further testing unless absolutely needed. My LLMD is a seasoned practitioner and I think Im in good hands.

Edited by sptcmom

Thanks Wendy.

Its a bit confusing because energetically I tested positive for Bartonella as per my Ds's LLMD. Couldn't do bloodwork back in october for financial reasons. Now having found a fantastic and reasonable local LLMD, my results are different than what I was expecting.

Its still Lyme and some coinfections I guess. I did some initial provocation antibiotic treatment with Zith, herxed for a week with flu like symptoms but the mental fog lifted so well. I am looking forward to starting treatment. I think I also have several hormonal imbalances and my LLMD picked up on those too.

After the initial congentital Bartonella diagnosis for DS I was shocked and stunned at realizing I gave this to him. I've been a bit depressed and just a bit lost in my own world since october trying to make sense of all the symptoms and life changes I've experienced since my toddler years.Its also been beyond words to finally find a reason.

No matter what the label, its still a TBD and I need to get treated. I will go the holistic path after the initial essential antibiotics have been explored. Also dealing with yeast and leaky gut my LLMD tells me.

Trying to find a way to do ART on myself! LOL. will ask Dr Klinghardt when I meet him in february.

Im not doing any further testing unless absolutely needed. My LLMD is a seasoned practitioner and I think Im in good hands.

I can only imagine how hard it is for you to discover this. My llmd would just treat you and not worry about further testing. He would also see what your cd57 score is (he really relies on this for adults). He treats the patient not the test results, he says. Erlichia is treated with the same drugs as lyme so a lyme treatment will cover both. Your tests show you have been exposed to lyme and the presence of erlichia only adds to that. Do you have Bartonella symptoms? Like calf cramps, sore soles of the feet, or really bad headaches? Once you have been treated for lyme Bartonella symptoms may appear if you have it and then you can treat it then.

Spiro is a homeopathic remedy that my llmd thinks is excellent for lyme and coinfections. He uses it in conjunction with antibiotiics and for those who have finished their lyme treatment for a period of time. He also uses samento for lyme. He and another doctor near us recommend transfer factor lyme plus for lyme patients. It gives you antibodies to kill lyme apparently. I was told that it gives you an immune system to fight lyme with. Neither doctor can get enough of it in stock from the manufacturer though so we are still waiting for a new supply :-(. As for the hormonal imbalances, lyme messes with your hormones and metabolism. Many patients drop pounds that they have gained after treatment. I lost ten without trying once I was treated for lyme and babesia. I think it can stress your body and make you more estrogen dominant so it is a good idea to keep an eye on that. Acupuncture and herbs can help with hormonal imbalance. I tried a number of things through my doctor and my acupuncturist. Getting a thermogram is also a good idea. It can tell if you have any hot spots in your breasts related to high estrogen. It sees issues way in advance of a mammogram.

Lymemom, thanks so much. I agree with your take on things. I am planning on atleast the CD 57 stricker panel.Im saving my resources for treatment. Will request Ds's LLMD for a quick peek at my results and I know she won't mind; so thats next week.

Ironical you mention estrogen and breast health. I'm actually a breast cancer survivor. It was a freak thing at the age of 22 during class on differential diagnosis, we were learning and I did a self exam for the 1st time and found a tiny mass. Radiology revealed two tiny masses and my surgical chief was able to do lumpectomies, chemo and thats been that. Needed chemo once more in 2005 but so far so good.Even nursed DS and everything. I wonder if that was Lyme related so have it turn malignant so early in life.Who knows. I don't have any family history of malignancy at all.

I do have Bartonella symptoms and I will have to wait to retest that one. This testing has me so confused.

I want to see if I can request Dr Klinghardt to do a Lyme panel and co-infection panel testing on me during class or lunch breaks. Sounds so unprofessional of me but I'm willing to risk it and try.

Edited by sptcmom

Hi Jodie,

While the details may still be confusing, the big picture is the same: You are dealing with tick borne infections. And your son's diagnosis is perhaps another confirming clue. And the history you have described for yourself. I don't think it's imperative to have it all nailed down right now. Treatment will reveal more clues, and dictate direction.

I posted this in another thread, but it's worth repeating that LLMD's will refer to TBI's as "borrelia-like infection"; "bartonella-like infection." Too many strains; too many still unclassified pathogens. But they do respond to treatment similarly, so that is the good news.

Good luck with the Dr. K ambush! ;) go for it.

Mary

Lymemom, thanks so much. I agree with your take on things. I am planning on atleast the CD 57 stricker panel.Im saving my resources for treatment. Will request Ds's LLMD for a quick peek at my results and I know she won't mind; so thats next week.

Ironical you mention estrogen and breast health. I'm actually a breast cancer survivor. It was a freak thing at the age of 22 during class on differential diagnosis, we were learning and I did a self exam for the 1st time and found a tiny mass. Radiology revealed two tiny masses and my surgical chief was able to do lumpectomies, chemo and thats been that. Needed chemo once more in 2005 but so far so good.Even nursed DS and everything. I wonder if that was Lyme related so have it turn malignant so early in life.Who knows. I don't have any family history of malignancy at all.

I do have Bartonella symptoms and I will have to wait to retest that one. This testing has me so confused.

I want to see if I can request Dr Klinghardt to do a Lyme panel and co-infection panel testing on me during class or lunch breaks. Sounds so unprofessional of me but I'm willing to risk it and try.

Jodie- you are an amazing, strong woman!! Being in a car accident that landed you in a coma, breast cancer survivor, and now a family diagnoses of lyme...you will fight this too!

Thanks for keeping us updated on your (and son's) appointments!