ACN Latitudes Forums

NAC users

If you use NAC can you tell me the dosage you use I have been using it with good results Checking average dosage on the board

Melanie

The Yale study which is testing NAC for use in trichotillomania (form of ocd) uses a dose of about 1200 mg. I think... may be higher. I used 600 mg. only for my son's trich. without resolution. It may have helped a little, but didn't "cure" him of it. I didn't use the high dose as specified in the protocol. The contact found in this link (Panza) is very nice and will tell you their protocol dose.

http://trials.yale.edu/clinicalTrials/displayTrial.asp?nctID=NCT01172275&pageID=1&row=3

ds is about 80lb and almost 11..

started at 500

down to 250....he also takes between 9-6000mg of vit c

and started selenium at 200

downed that to 100mg

they all work in concert...well i guess everything does

doing great here..started it because of random episodes of trich..hair is all in...

will definitely keep him on this dose at least through allergy season...

contiplate changes in may

DD14 (130lbs) takes 1800 mg NAC in am and 1200 mg NAC in pm. She also takes 3000 IUs C and 2000 mg quercitin/300 mg bromelain in am and 2000 IUs C and 2000 mg quercitin/300 mg bromelain in pm, in addition to all her other supplements.

Oh Ive been giving danny 600 I guess this is to low.I see results I mean I reallly see results.I will bump it to 1200 should i do 1/2am and 1/2pm does it matter

I love this board whener there is a question or confussion I come here

Thanks

melanie

Oh Ive been giving danny 600 I guess this is to low.I see results I mean I reallly see results.I will bump it to 1200 should i do 1/2am and 1/2pm does it matter

I love this board whener there is a question or confussion I come here

Thanks

melanie

Unfortunately, beyond the source that Phasmid suggested, I'm not aware of any person or research paper that's going to specify dosage necessarily. But given Danny's age and size, I feel confident you can go up on his dose, and if you've been seeing positive results at 600 mg., perhaps you'll see even more with some more glutamate modulation support. Our DS13 is about 140 lbs., and we see no ill effects from his current, higher dosage. I do believe it can contribute to lose bowel movements, so just keep an eye on that, though it may be a small price to pay. ;)

Melanie, we increased 600 mg at a time. I added 600 mg to am first because I wanted to see if school noticed any difference. And then I give her pm dose when she gets home from school at 3:15 to give her a little help in the late afternoon.

OCD and I think tics too I just read the nimh study and thats the protocol they are tring.I hate to recomend anything on this site but I DO think its helping danny His OCD is 1/2 I mean it .He also does IVIG every 21 days,and is on cipro

melanie