ACN Latitudes Forums

Went to sleep on his OWN for first time...

Not getting too worked up, but for the first time in 7 years, my ds12 went to sleep on his own last night. He has always yelled for me to be in his room. He was terrified of being in his own room at night and could never fall asleep alone. Even now, living in a tiny house where the living room is just 15 feet from the bedroom! This behavior included him demanding that I tuck the covers for him and "fix" them if they weren't right. IVIg was four days ago! He did call me once, and I said my usual, "okay, in a while." But I didn't go in. Found him asleep (albeit with lights on) an hour later!

Yay, him!

Not getting too worked up, but for the first time in 7 years, my ds12 went to sleep on his own last night. He has always yelled for me to be in his room. He was terrified of being in his own room at night and could never fall asleep alone. Even now, living in a tiny house where the living room is just 15 feet from the bedroom! This behavior included him demanding that I tuck the covers for him and "fix" them if they weren't right. IVIg was four days ago! He did call me once, and I said my usual, "okay, in a while." But I didn't go in. Found him asleep (albeit with lights on) an hour later!

Yay, him!

YAY! I got one night like that after IVIG number one. It wasn't until number 2 that she was able to sleep alone most nights. Best of luck for continued healing.

Wow, congrats!!!!!! DS7 needs me to be next to him every night while he goes to sleep. Not even melatonin will knock him out if I'm not lying next to him. He gets in our bed in the middle of the night, every night. No IVIG here, just abx. I'll live vicariously through all those who have reclaimed their beds!

That is so cool!! Congrats, Phasmid!!

For us, 6 weeks post IVIG, my DS continues to mostly improve, but I notice I'm still kind of on night patrol.

looking forward to that going away. Maybe IVIG would help ME??? :)

TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW!!! NOT A PEEP!!!!

:D

(However... he needed me to cover the pillow with a new pillowcase because without a pillowcase the pillow "has germs." Does the germ stuff go away?).

Thanks everyone, for all your support and encouragement!!

Edited by Phasmid

TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW!!! NOT A PEEP!!!!

:D

(However... he needed me to cover the pillow with a new pillowcase because without a pillowcase the pillow "has germs." Does the germ stuff go away?).

Thanks everyone, for all your support and encouragement!!

So cool! We found that we needed some ERP to get rid of the last vestiges of OCD (germ stuff and more), but we had it for so long untreated, that she had a lot of "habits". If your son is dropping things like sleeping with you so quickly, maybe you will not need much ERP. If you do, it may be mild enough that you can do it at home (use a book such as "what to do when your brain gets stuck").

Congrats!