ACN Latitudes Forums

Peeling skin on fingertips and toes?

For years my dd (pandas) age 7 has had skin peeling just on the ends of her fingertips and on her toes. A couple of pediatricians had said that it looked like athlets foot, fungus? We've tried several different creams, even prescription creams....with no change. I'm just now realizing that this could be related to strep....or autoimmune issues. I haven't had any luck finding information online, so I thought I would post this to see what the other parents out there already know. Thanks!

For years my dd (pandas) age 7 has had skin peeling just on the ends of her fingertips and on her toes. A couple of pediatricians had said that it looked like athlets foot, fungus? We've tried several different creams, even prescription creams....with no change. I'm just now realizing that this could be related to strep....or autoimmune issues. I haven't had any luck finding information online, so I thought I would post this to see what the other parents out there already know. Thanks!

could be allergic reaction to something??? contact dermatise

could be in constant herx...trying to sluff stuff off???

ie happened to freind when they went off milk or was it gluten

Hi,

My 10 years old PANDASson has peeling skins on his feets (and more seldom his hands too) whenever he is in an PANDASexacerbation; that is whenever he has had an upper respiratory infection or has been exposed to strep -

Best regards ...

Thanks for the responses so far, all I've been able to find online is information about strep and kawasaki disease. Even what I've read about strep makes it sound like it's a side effect after the infection.....but nothing says how long it would last. I'm thiking it may have something to do with the immune system....but can't find what I'm looking for yet. Even if she got it after strep, which she has had A LOT, you would think that it would stop eventually after the infection was gone.