ACN Latitudes Forums

Love-Hate Relationship with Tindamax

My daughter started taking Tindamax on the weekends only, the end of September. The first three weekends, she herxed with it, then the next two weekends I only saw improvement, without herxing. We then did our 4th ivig, backslid, and saw no difference on it for a couple of weeks. Now when she takes it...she herxs Saturday evening, Sunday, and a little Monday morning...but then I see great improvement. I can't tell if I love this antibiotic, or hate it. :wacko:

Edited by philamom

Trust me.... you will soon love it. It was an awful experience for me initially. Remember I had to be bumped down in daily dosage. Now, I am hitting a stride with it and feel much, much better.

She'll get there and the herx will be less and less over time.

-Wendy

My daughter started taking Tindamax on the weekends only, the end of September. The first three weekends, she herxed with it, then the next two weekends I only saw improvement, without herxing. We then did our 4th ivig, backslid, and saw no difference on it for a couple of weeks. Now when she takes it...she herxs Saturday evening, Sunday, and a little Monday morning...but then I see great improvement. I can't tell if I love this antibiotic, or hate it. :wacko:

Thats pretty funny. I hated watching what it did to my son herx wise but I think it got him well.

My daughter started Tindamax daily in the beginning for a month and that was too much for her so we are now pulsing it 3x a week with Azith 4x a week. Now the herxing isn't so bad. I find on the days she takes Tindamax she is much moodier. Bentonite seems to help with diarrhea and herxing.

This weekend's cycle ended with a twist. She had usual moodiness along with a wicked headache and some increased anxiety. She didn't make it into school Monday until after lunch. In the evening she told me her ears hurt, so I took a peek and the back of her earrings were embedded into her skin. After being unable to remove them, I was advised to take her to the ER. She handled it well! Her biggest fear was having to get a shot (4 ivig's and bloodwork every 2 months and she still has that fear - go figure). It was a quick visit...I think the longest part was giving her medical history and mentioning all the medicines she's on.

Today we begin the love-part of the cycle. She got up and couldn't wait to go to school and brag about her experience. Yes, a love-hate relationship!