ACN Latitudes Forums

IVIg Headache! How long will this last?

Motrin or Advil would be much better than Tylenol. Tylenol lowers the glutathione levels, which is critical for excreting toxins and boosting the immune system. So many of our kids have low glutathione levels to begin with.

Motrin or Advil would be much better than Tylenol. Tylenol lowers the glutathione levels, which is critical for excreting toxins and boosting the immune system. So many of our kids have low glutathione levels to begin with.

But when using Motrin & Advil, you need to space them 6 hours apart (correct?). I would use Motrin and then Tylenol 4 hours later, and then Motrin 4 hours later... I don't think a few days would hurt. We actually had a better response with Tylenol during our last IVIG, but usually I prefer Advil.

Is Tylenol less upsetting to the stomach? Not sure if he barfs because of the motrin, or because of the headache!

I think they are all upsetting to the stomach! We didn't have any barfing with our last two ivig's because my daughter was prescribed prednisone on the day of the infusions...it worked for us.

Hang in there. Hopefully, by tomorrow you'll see some relief. Maybe call the doctor for reassurance?

Spoke too soon!!!!

Severe headache, vomiting.... how long can we expect this to go on?

I know several folks have posted in the past about the doctor ordering one or two prednisone tablets with IVIG to prevent headache. Did your doc do that? Maybe you could search and find info on that?

Just wanted to let everyone know that he is fine now this morning- headache, nausea, fever all gone. So it lasted from Friday, the day after infusion, until Saturday night. Thanks for all the replies!

Yeeahh! Keep up the fluids. Also, on one of my daughter's infusions she had a massive headache a week later (only lasting one day). Just fyi! Keep us posted on your success!!

Edited by philamom